Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

One of our other threads got hijacked by an Alaskan and a Floridian to talk about salmon fishing of all things and then I read this today.

By the end of 2021, 54 F-35A Lightning II fighter jets will make up two squadrons at Eielson Air Force Base. The combination will give Alaska the highest concentration of combat-ready, fifth-generation fighters in the nation.

Are these really legal for salmon fishing???       :103:

One of our other threads got hijacked by an Alaskan and a Floridian to talk about salmon fishing of all things and then I read this today.
By the end of 2021, 54 F-35A Lightning II fighter jets will make up two squadrons at Eielson Air Force Base. The combination will give Alaska the highest concentration of combat-ready, fifth-generation fighters in the nation.
Are these really legal for salmon fishing???       :103:

My dad has told stories how they used grenades and other explosives to fish back in the day. Not sure why a MK- series bomb dropped by an F-35A wouldn’t do the trick? There might not be much left of the fish though..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 3/12/2020 at 8:24 PM, Old Friend said:

This may be the best and most popular thread on this site for a while.  Couple of beauties for my aspiring angler/baseball player who'll be off for a while.

Ben 10.6.2019 Spanish Mackerel.jpg

Ben Wiper 7917.png

what is that top fish?

Spanish Mackerel, caught in a bay near Ft. Myers.  That is my oldest son....he was 17 when that pic was taken last October.

How was the red tide when you went? Last September was rough. I figured Nips mutated by now with that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

917152526_WhatsAppImage2020-05-26at21_30_40.thumb.jpeg.dd41bacf1f9661838eac37c567507564.jpeg

Just got back from the Kasilof River fishing for King Salmon. Limited out with 2 of the amazing fish and 1 Dolly Varden. What a wonderful way to start the Alaska Fishing Season. Next stop.... Klutina River for Red (Sockeye) Salmon. That is still a few weeks off but I'm excited none the less. It's on people!

8 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

917152526_WhatsAppImage2020-05-26at21_30_40.thumb.jpeg.dd41bacf1f9661838eac37c567507564.jpeg

Just got back from the Kasilof River fishing for King Salmon. Limited out with 2 of the amazing fish and 1 Dolly Varden. What a wonderful way to start the Alaska Fishing Season. Next stop.... Klutina River for Red (Sockeye) Salmon. That is still a few weeks off but I'm excited none the less. It's on people!

That is awesome!