Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

Hey JBob,  check out these bluegill I'm catching down here in FL. Gorgeous fish!(taste good too!!) They even have a bright orange line around the edges of their fins sometimes. A lot different from the gills up there in the Midwest.

Your fishing season should be starting soon, tight lines!

I caught a bluegill about that size once in southern Indiana.  Bluegill fishing is a lot of fun if you hit a nest.

They are fun on nests, been catching some that way on topwater poppers on fly rod.  Have had a few specks(crappie) on top too, always a surprise. 

Nice Poon!!!!

Thanks, was the first one I ever hooked too! Buddy had one on the same day that would have went 150lbs.. followed it for 2 hours till it finally rubbed through the leader. Both were hooked on 3in paddletail swimbaits.

They are fun on nests, been catching some that way on topwater poppers on fly rod.  Have had a few specks(crappie) on top too, always a surprise. 

I've never fly fished.  When I caught that bluegill I kept it about as simple as possible, a worm and a cane pole.  Caught one every time the line hit the water and about as soon as it hit the water too.

I don't have any recent stories, I haven't been fishing in a couple years.  There's a lake a couple minutes from the house but I've never heard of anyone catching anything in it, and the time I went I didn't even get a bite.

Lol, I don't get to fish as often as you do. You did make me laugh with your comment eville. I will try and do some this weekend!

The warm weather down here sure helps in the amount of time spent on the water.  Hope you have a banner year. The BIG bass should be eating up there on the warm days, especially after a couple of them in a row. Try a spinnerbait close to shore/flats on the Northern sides of the lakes. Won't get a lot of bites but should get a big one if they do.

The warm weather down here sure helps in the amount of time spent on the water.  Hope you have a banner year. The BIG bass should be eating up there on the warm days, especially after a couple of them in a row. Try a spinnerbait close to shore/flats on the Northern sides of the lakes. Won't get a lot of bites but should get a big one if they do.

I will try that. My brother-in-law (8th grade) is coming to visit us for his Spring Break next week, so we will do plenty of fishing. Probably start first thing Sunday morning or Saturday night. I'm going back to Rend Lake for a bunch of Crappie and Buffalo, and will be going to Kentucky Lake for the first time. I don't know anything about Kentucky Lake, let alone what side of the lake we will be on. It's a family vacation, and my parents made it clear they don't want to do anything other than relax at the Lake House. You won't catch me complaining because I will be on the dock or in the canoe fishing.

I will try that. My brother-in-law (8th grade) is coming to visit us for his Spring Break next week, so we will do plenty of fishing. Probably start first thing Sunday morning or Saturday night. I'm going back to Rend Lake for a bunch of Crappie and Buffalo, and will be going to Kentucky Lake for the first time. I don't know anything about Kentucky Lake, let alone what side of the lake we will be on. It's a family vacation, and my parents made it clear they don't want to do anything other than relax at the Lake House. You won't catch me complaining because I will be on the dock or in the canoe fishing.

Here's info on Kentucky Lake in case you were wondering.

http://www.kentuckylake.com/kentucky-lake.shtml

The first week or so of April is a hot time there at ky and barkley lakes for crappie.  Hit the shallow docks and brush with minnows and jigs. Stop in at a local bait store and ask them how things are going. As you know Rend is a great crappie lake if you can find them.

The first week or so of April is a hot time there at ky and barkley lakes for crappie.  Hit the shallow docks and brush with minnows and jigs. Stop in at a local bait store and ask them how things are going. As you know Rend is a great crappie lake if you can find them.

Thanks Olivia!

I know the hot spot for Crappie at Rend Lake. I pick our camp site to be real close to our spot. Unfortunately, we are not going there till July. I'm going to try and get down there April or May at least once. I will be at Kentucky Lake at the end of May for the holiday. I love using minnows for bait, very versatile for crappie, bass, and catfish.