Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="49279" timestamp="1395086421"]Let's just hope Troy has the passion and fire some of our previous players had and he works his butt off this offseason and develops a jumper. If he can add that to his game... WATCH OUT.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners[/quote]
Totally agree.
After watching his first couple games I've said that if he's willing to put the work in, he could possibly be just as good or better than Oladipo. Just look at how much he improved over the course of this season. Depending on how long he stays, he'll be a real asset to our program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Troy doesn't know if he would have learned more from a different coach. This tweet is pretty meaningless. It's great that he likes his coach. I hope our administration is smart enough not to listen to the players concerning coaching changes. Hopefully, we've learned that lesson.

[quote name="Rayl" post="49288" timestamp="1395087026"]Troy doesn't know if he would have learned more from a different coach. This tweet is pretty meaningless. It's great that he likes his coach. I hope our administration is smart enough not to listen to the players concerning coaching changes. Hopefully, we've learned that lesson.[/quote]
The point wasn't that he could've learn more with someone else, it's that he learned a lot from CTC.
And I agree that the players shouldn't be in the decision, even if it causes some to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The crew should shoot it down it is meaningless it doesent even say if he learned basketball skills from him. He did improve but never did figure out he had to dribble before taking off for the basket wish crean would have shown him that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm glad he backed his coach.  I don't think anyone disagrees that he's a nice guy and a great role model.  But sadly the product on the court needs to improve.  He gets paid $3million a year because this is what you get if you can't produce on the court.  

I'm happy that Troy and Yogi both like their head coach and it says he relates well with them. What if they didn't like their coach very much and won a national championship? My point is regardless of how they feel, if they don't win, then what has been accomplished? I am certain they did not pick Indiana, nor did Indiana pick Crean to sit at home in March. Therein lies what makes IU a bluebood in menbasketball, NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS. If they feel like tweeting about him; well that's icing on the cake.

[quote name="Willfesler11" post="49302" timestamp="1395089540"]Jeez, there sure is a lot of negativity on here. Just trying to make people see the big picture and be a little more positive. Even if people were wanting a new coach, why would they want to come to a fan base that wants them gone after a disappointing year. Plus it could draw some players away along with future commits. You never know, it could be exactly the same as Crean's first 3 years and I bet no one wants that.
Just remember, it could be worse, we could be Purdue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Ding ding ding. And we have a winner. But, but we can attract a top coach...
Simple minds will always give simple answers.

Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners

Better yet - I shouldn't have to quit reading these boards - the moderators created boards just for Crean bashing - KEEP the CRAP there. I don't want to read negativity everywhere I look on here! No wonder Crean lashed out on Twitter!!!! Although probably wrong to do - you guys are a pack of wolves!

I'm kinda thinking the same. I love the boards for the info and the shop talk of all things (and not, like the beer thread) IU. However, there seems to be so much negativity on here that it isn't fun anymore. I think a break is in order.

Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app