Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mr wing

Im so tired of all this negative talk

[quote name="Buck Naked" post="49178" timestamp="1395075500"]I did find this interesting :

@mcuban: Im a huge fan of @TomCrean.@IUBB_Hoosiers fans can be bandwagoners at times.THere is no template for championships. Its a process. #GOIU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I found it interesting because @IUBB_Hoosiers is one of BtownBanners Twitter accounts :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Out of those that can match, we are probably in the worst situation going forward.  I think that is where a lot of the frustration comes from. 

bingo

what really grinds my gears is seeing UNC start out in pathetic fashion each year only for Roy to shape the pieces in such a way that they've got a tournament team by season's end. If Crean were worth the money we're paying him he would have tailored our offense to suit the respective talents of our players. Instead we stuck with the dribble as fast as you can approach that contributed to so many of the absurd turnovers

I did find this interesting :

@mcuban: Im a huge fan of @TomCrean.@IUBB_Hoosiers fans can be bandwagoners at times.THere is no template for championships. Its a process. #GOIU

Not sure if I agree totally with his premise.  There will always people who jump on the wagon when it's hot and jump off when it's cold.

However, there a few disturbing trends that have been prevalent for the past couple of years.

a) the inability to cover opponents screens that have left opponents open for a three.

B Sub patterns that don't make sense and have stunted the development of our younger players.

c) Inability to adjust at halftime to match the opposing Coach's strategy.

d) When other coaches figure out how to break down one of our players, Coach did not help expand our players game.  ( If Mr. Cuban needs an example look at last years home game with Minnesota.  The spin move Cody was well known for was well scouted and basically hindered.  If Cody would have been forced to utilize a jumper (even if he felt uncomfortable using it) that would have opened things up for when he posts up or drive.

e) Not using time outs effectively.  

f) the lack of distribution in the inside.  If you can't post down low, set up a screen at the three point line to give Vonleh and Cody enough time to receive a quick feed.  

These are trends.   I like Coach Crean (man signed my jersey) but I hope he can adjust his game plans to address these concerns.  

edit. for some reason that smile is showing up in option b.  Don't know why.  

Cuban pays big bucks to IU and has a great relationship with Crean. Crean holds a big camp for millionaires and they all spend time at his house. Cuban is one of these special people that participates. Crean is well liked, that is why it is hard to separate the man from the coach.

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners

Cuban pays big bucks to IU and has a great relationship with Crean. Crean holds a big camp for millionaires and they all spend time at his house. Cuban is one of these special people that participates. Crean is well liked, that is why it is hard to separate the man from the coach.

Him being well liked isn't why people don't believe what you are saying. His moral compass is completely different from what you are saying is going on, unless everything he says is an act and his actions are different then something isn't adding up. 

There can be a difference between your moral compass, surviving your job and knowing what is helping the kid(s) or hurting. You may not want to turn your own kid in for drugs but you know it might help... What to do?

"Apathy" is a booming community right in the heart of West Lafayette. We do not want those people taking up residence in

Bloomington, IN.

I think you actually make a really valid point. At least people are mad. At least people care. I'd much rather have people yelling for Crean to be fired than to just give up on the team. Whether we all disagree or agree or anything in between, at least we care.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="48965" timestamp="1395025528"]Yeah, people are too sensitive too it. It can become mindless, numbing drivel from some users, but I'd much rather it be here than Facebook, twitter, espn.com etc.....

I was enraged when I saw the guys tweet to Marvin Clark. So completely classless. I am scared to check twitter now.[/quote]

I wouldn't read any of the tweets to Tom Crean's Twitter account today then. It's fine to be upset and critical of him, but most of those tweets are simply rude and classless.

I have been an IU fan for a very long time, (one of the advantages of age) I remember a good man named Lou Watson who couldn't coach, Mike Davis and Bracey Wright all but kill the interest in the program, Kelvin Sampson cheat IU into oblivion, and Dan Dakich's ego and mean spirit chase away what was left. I ranted at Bobby Knight from at least 5 different states, and now I get to watch CTC recruit really good athletes and not know what to do with them, and you think I shouldn't vent my frustration? I am basically a civil guy, so I won't retort to that idea with the same language I'd use in private, but I am going to vent and if that makes me less of an IU fan in your eyes, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with your disappointment.

Could anyone expand on what SilverAtlanta means by his Dan Dakich comment?  I was not a message board/recruiting fan at that time (but still a die hard Hoosier) and would love to hear what folks thought about him.  I was under the impression that people were surprised he didn't get the job.

I haven't a clue what Silver is referring to in regards to Dakich. I have always felt that Dakich actually started the rebuild process. For all the things that Dakich is to be disliked for, his removal of the poorest elements of that team is not something I consider to be a negative about him. Dan did what needed to be done...and he made it a little easier on Crean in the process. I know it was a few years back and things can be blurred with time, but Dakich actually did the program right by doing what he did.

Myr, to some degree I can agree with you, in other aspects I can't. To think that none of that team was salvageable I couldn't possibly agree with, and watching Dakich coach that group,  showed me all I needed to know about Dakich's coaching. His interaction with that team on the bench, during time outs, his body language and their reaction to him, in my eyes was very negative. I appreciate his stepping in under the circumstances, but he did little more than chase out not only the bad, but the chance of keeping any of the good. Mind you this is my opinion, and only my opinion. Of course since then I learned to really dislike him for his total negativity concerning most things IU basketball wise.

@NapsFinest, I doubt many were surprised at Dakich not getting the job, he was ok at Bowling Green overall but his last 2 years not so hot 9-21 then 13-18, certainly not ready for a big time job like IU.

Myr, to some degree I can agree with you, in other aspects I can't. To think that none of that team was salvageable I couldn't possibly agree with, and watching Dakich coach that group,  showed me all I needed to know about Dakich's coaching. His interaction with that team on the bench, during time outs, his body language and their reaction to him, in my eyes was very negative. I appreciate his stepping in under the circumstances, but he did little more than chase out not only the bad, but the chance of keeping any of the good. Mind you this is my opinion, and only my opinion. Of course since then I learned to really dislike him for his total negativity concerning most things IU basketball wise.

@NapsFinest, I doubt many were surprised at Dakich not getting the job, he was ok at Bowling Green overall but his last 2 years not so hot 9-21 then 13-18, certainly not ready for a big time job like IU.

Fair enough!  Thanks for the reply!