Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Str8Hoosiers

Luke Fischer

Has anybody heard anything on the Luke Fischer transfer? I know originally I heard he was very homesick and wanted to be closer to home... And I guess not that it even matters now because he is gone, but I recently heard (not sure how reliable the source is) that him and Jeremy didn't get along at all, got into multiple fights and that was part of the reason that he left... Part of this is also that the final straw that made Luke decide to leave was also what caused Jeremy to be suspended for those couple games?

Anybody heard anything about this before? This was the first I had heard of any of that.

I've heard none of that and I'm pretty sure we could speculate a million things about each of those cases (Luke transferring and Jeremy's suspension). No source is really reliable unless it's straight from the mouth of someone close to the program.

Also, wasn't Jeremy's suspension several games after Luke decided to transfer? If there is any time gap at all, I say the fights weren't the issue.

Still, could have been a completely different season on multiple levels had Luke stayed. Possibly more success, but then what happens to the minutes/progression of Davis, Perea, and even Hollowell?

Judging from Hollowell's lack of aggression and intensity on the court during games, I find it rather hard to believe he is intense off the court or the fighter type. I could very well be wrong, Just my two cents. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's exactly what I was thinking. Where was this hostile aggression because I sure didn't see it on the court.

I don't have any specifics, but I do know that this team suffers greatly in the chemistry department. I know what you are thinking "Well, duh. Look at the turnovers and periods of confusion during games." While those things are quite accurate, the chemistry I am referring to has to do with off the court. I have been told on more than one occasion that this team doesn't have a true "glue" guy. I have been told that the guys don't exactly hang out together. I know that Fischer struggled with that big time. He would have been fine on the team from a year ago, but not this one. When there is a lack of upper classmen (reference the Senior Day...when was the last time you saw more walkons than scholy players being honored) that can put things together and show the young guys how to not just be a team, but a family....things are going to go south. I will spare all of you the rehashing of events this year, but all of the off the court stuff comes back to there being  no sense of family anymore. I mean...my god..Raphael Smith is staying with Vic down in Orlando during Spring Break so he can find an apartment...thats family....to me, thats whats missing most form this team.

I don't have any specifics, but I do know that this team suffers greatly in the chemistry department. I know what you are thinking "Well, duh. Look at the turnovers and periods of confusion during games." While those things are quite accurate, the chemistry I am referring to has to do with off the court. I have been told on more than one occasion that this team doesn't have a true "glue" guy. I have been told that the guys don't exactly hang out together. I know that Fischer struggled with that big time. He would have been fine on the team from a year ago, but not this one. When there is a lack of upper classmen (reference the Senior Day...when was the last time you saw more walkons than scholy players being honored) that can put things together and show the young guys how to not just be a team, but a family....things are going to go south. I will spare all of you the rehashing of events this year, but all of the off the court stuff comes back to there being  no sense of family anymore. I mean...my god..Raphael Smith is staying with Vic down in Orlando during Spring Break so he can find an apartment...thats family....to me, thats whats missing most form this team.

Wow are you out of touch. Everyday, I see the freshmen chilling together. Stan and Troy are peanut butter and jelly. Luke was here over the summer with Collin, they even had classes together. Off-court friendships have grown, or at least as far as I can see. They are always with each other, heck, most of them live with each other!

[quote name="HystericalHoosier" post="46501" timestamp="1394553471"]Wow are you out of touch. Everyday, I see the freshmen chilling together. Stan and Troy are peanut butter and jelly. Luke was here over the summer with Collin, they even had classes together. Off-court friendships have grown, or at least as far as I can see. They are always with each other, heck, most of them live with each other![/quote] I've heard the same thing about Troy and Stan. A friend of mine that goes to IU said you rarely see one without the other. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have been saying this on another site all season long.  I fully believe that something like this was going on.  I wholeheartedly think personal relationships or lack thereof led to Luke transferring.  I made this argument and post over there months ago, all everyone said was what was being reported.  I don't believe that to be the full story nor should anyone.  I do think we have certain cliques on this team, as many teams probably have.  Certain guys are really, really close to others.  The problems will likely be addressed in the off season. 

As far as JH not having fight in him, that is a faulty premise.  Everyone handles problems differently, and just because he is not energetic/feisty on the court does not mean he wouldn't handle his "problems" in a different manner.  Count me in the crowd that thinks this is not just a rumor and is likely closer to the truth than anything that was reported.

Also, wasn't Jeremy's suspension several games after Luke decided to transfer? If there is any time gap at all, I say the fights weren't the issue.

Luke announced transfer was on 12/30/13.... Jeremy played on 1/4/14 and then began his suspension after that...

I am on the fence about this whole story which is why I was putting it out there to see if anybody else had ever heard anything like it.... I feel like it would explain some of our on-court issues but not sure about the truth.

I have been saying this on another site all season long.  I fully believe that something like this was going on.  I wholeheartedly think personal relationships or lack thereof led to Luke transferring.  I made this argument and post over there months ago, all everyone said was what was being reported.  I don't believe that to be the full story nor should anyone.  I do think we have certain cliques on this team, as many teams probably have.  Certain guys are really, really close to others.  The problems will likely be addressed in the off season. 

As far as JH not having fight in him, that is a faulty premise.  Everyone handles problems differently, and just because he is not energetic/feisty on the court does not mean he wouldn't handle his "problems" in a different manner.  Count me in the crowd that thinks this is not just a rumor and is likely closer to the truth than anything that was reported.

You really need to take the university reports with a grain of salt, they have an obvious invested interest.  Although I could believe it was just Luke being homesick, I got homesick when I went to IU and I'm from a small IN town a couple hours away.

[quote name="HoosierCoop" post="46504" timestamp="1394554605"][sub][sup][size=4]What about Noah? Who pals around with him and is trying to talk him into staying another year? :yes: [/size][/sup][/sub][/quote]

I've heard Noah's best friend(s) are the ladies. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This rumor is completely unfounded and false.

So you know the full story? Was it just homesickness?

Naples - you are right, not an official suspension but riding the pine with no chance at playing is basically the same thing.

So you know the full story? Was it just homesickness?

Naples - you are right, not an official suspension but riding the pine with no chance at playing is basically the same thing.

We have known the full story for a long time. Missed friends, girlfriend, etc. Also several reports he didn't hang much with team over summer and in to Fall. I know the reason behind the Hollowell suspension and it had nothing to do with confrontations with another player, coach, or anyone on staff

Wow are you out of touch. Everyday, I see the freshmen chilling together. Stan and Troy are peanut butter and jelly. Luke was here over the summer with Collin, they even had classes together. Off-court friendships have grown, or at least as far as I can see. They are always with each other, heck, most of them live with each other!

Considering I got my info from a players direct relative...multiple times throughout the year saying pretty much the same thing..I don't think I am out of touch. What you see and believe is what you see and believe. If the friendships have grown, thats great. I welcome it. AllI can go off of is the words of a close-close relative who expressed concern that only groups had developed within the team and that the chemistry between those groups wasn't that good. I tend to agree with the relative directly because of the transfer, multiple player suspensions, and (sadly) a player getting arrested. If the kids have taken the time to put things aside and help each other grow...I welcome it.