Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IU Hoosier41

#IUBB Post Season Would You Rather?

POLL: Post Season Play  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you Rather....

• Win the Big Ten Tournament and then lose in the Play in game.
    • Lose in the Big Ten Tournament and win the NIT.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="45099" timestamp="1394137262"]Would you Rather.... Win the Big Ten Tournament and then lose in the Play in game. OR Lose in the Big Ten Tournament and Win the NIT?

Thought this might be an interesting discussion. Begin...[/quote]

I would rather make the tournament and lose. It would get the guys some good experience on actually being there to prepare for next season instead of possibly making it next year and half the roster not have any tourney experience.

Win the NIT. Simply because we would lose in the play in game. If we would lose in the first round (second round of the new format), I would've chosen the other way. Losing in the play-in game would be embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'd rather be in the real tournament.

Sorry to ruin your party, but if IU made it as an AQ, they wouldn't be in the play-in game. Those are reserved for the 4 lowest at-large teams and 4 lowest AQ's. IU hasn't had the best of years, but they're better I hope than any MEAC or SWAC team. IU would be the 13 or 14 seed no one would want to play as their 1st game.

[quote name="LIHoosier" post="45150" timestamp="1394148821"]I'd rather be in the real tournament.
Sorry to ruin your party, but if IU made it as an AQ, they wouldn't be in the play-in game. Those are reserved for the 4 lowest at-large teams and 4 lowest AQ's. IU hasn't had the best of years, but they're better I hope than any MEAC or SWAC team. IU would be the 13 or 14 seed no one would want to play as their 1st game.[/quote]

I disagree, they made it a point not to make the play in games as an elimination round for smaller schools. IU has no business in the tournament this year. I honestly think we'd be in the play in game as a 12 seed. They wouldn't put us as a 13 or 14 because that's complete BS to the 3 or 4 that would play us. We'd be 12

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I disagree, they made it a point not to make the play in games as an elimination round for smaller schools. IU has no business in the tournament this year. I honestly think we'd be in the play in game as a 12 seed. They wouldn't put us as a 13 or 14 because that's complete BS to the 3 or 4 that would play us. We'd be 12

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The at-large and tournament winners are separated. Since IU if they won the B1G tourney would be an AQ, they wouldn't be placed in the Dayton games.

Go to page 6 of this - http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-principles-and-procedures-selection/

The 33rd-36th at large schools play each other along with the overall 65th-68th schools; most likely the small conference tourney champs or if some 10-20 team pulls off a miracle. IU may get an 11-12 seed because of the high RPI teams they'll need to beat to win the tourney, but they won't be subject to playing to an extra game.

I would rather be in the tournament. I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I don't think that they would put us in the play-in game if we won the B1G tournament. My guess is we would probably be an 11 or 12 seed but wouldn't be playing in Dayton.

Remember when Colorado won the PAC-12 tournament a couple years ago?? There was no way they would have gotten in the NCAA tournament without winning the PAC-12 tournament. They still were given an 11 seed without a play-in game and that was the year that the PAC-12 was so terrible that Washington won the regular season and didn't even get into the NCAA tournament.

It will be a miracle if we win the conference tourney it is also a miracle if Butler wins the Big East tourney which won't happen.

isn't the state of Indiana in line to miss the NCAA altogether?
when is the last time that the NCAA tournament didn't have a representative from Indiana...
I'm telling ya...there's something fishy going on in this state...

when is the last time that the NCAA tournament didn't have a representative from Indiana...

The last time no team from Indiana made the tournament was 2005, but before that it was 1975 according to this Sports Illustrated article. I'm pretty sure that is wrong though, because didn't IU go undefeated in '75 before losing in the elite 8 when Scott May went down??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140212/fast-five-indiana-ncaa-tournament-uconn-florida-gators/

I always ask myself the same thing.

The last time no team from Indiana made the tournament was 2005, but before that it was 1975 according to this Sports Illustrated article. I'm pretty sure that is wrong though, because didn't IU go undefeated in '75 before losing in the elite 8 when Scott May went down??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140212/fast-five-indiana-ncaa-tournament-uconn-florida-gators/

Someone commented on it saying the same thing I did, and said that the last time was actually 1972.