Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
sheehey0

Big 10 Tournament

Hey guys! I'm new here, but anxious to get involved in the Hoosier community. What do you guys think of our chances next week?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Welcome! My 2 cents- depends on which team shows up. If we hit on all cylinders, we're golden. But, if we come out flat (as tonight), we're in trouble. Generic answer, but I've never seen a team like this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not good. We don't play well in the B1G tourney. Or Banker's Life. Hopefully we win in the first round, because I'll be there though.

This is predicated on Noah being able to play in the B1G tourney.

I feel like the rest of the season, it'll be all or nothing. They'll either make it to the final more likely if they end up 8th or 9th cuz they play Michigan well or they'll show up in body only for the Thursday game.

At this point I won't say anything about our chances at a run in the Big Ten Tournament.  I think it will 100% depend on how we play at Michigan in our next game.  If we show up, compete and challenge them (maybe even win) then I'll have some hope that we might be able to win 2 games.  At this point, we are playing for a couple home games in the NIT tournament.

People will have this debate a ton over the next few weeks, but if we are in the NIT, I want to win the damn thing.  Plenty of people will say they don't care, but with how young our team is, it is extra games, extra practices, tournament experience.  In the long run, the opportunity to improve and play a couple games in the NIT could be more valuable than a 1 and done NCAA trip.

I still think if Indiana beats Michigan, and makes it to the Championship game, they could still get in the dance.

Yup... So basically we need to Beat 

-Michigan

-Illinois

-Michigan

-MSU/ OSU

to have a glimmer of hope.  Obviously win the championship and you get in.  I still think IU could get in with Winning their next 4.  As that would be beating 5 ranked teams in the last 7 games.  Who knows though, probably would have to win it all.

At this point I won't say anything about our chances at a run in the Big Ten Tournament.  I think it will 100% depend on how we play at Michigan in our next game.  If we show up, compete and challenge them (maybe even win) then I'll have some hope that we might be able to win 2 games.  At this point, we are playing for a couple home games in the NIT tournament.

People will have this debate a ton over the next few weeks, but if we are in the NIT, I want to win the damn thing.  Plenty of people will say they don't care, but with how young our team is, it is extra games, extra practices, tournament experience.  In the long run, the opportunity to improve and play a couple games in the NIT could be more valuable than a 1 and done NCAA trip.

I still think if Indiana beats Michigan, and makes it to the Championship game, they could still get in the dance.

My only fear is that if we won the NIT that Crean would want to hang a giant banner in Assembly Hall.

Win or lose, I love watching IU ball. We truly aren't ready for NCAA this year anyway, sadly. We would get thrashed on a neutral court against a 5 seed anyhow. I agree with other poster that NIT may be a better learning experience than getting embarrassed by a 5 seed. Our record and effort on the court says we are a NIT team all day. Similar to the UK team last year sadly.

One thing that could help us is that if we get hot in the first game, it could be more likely to carry over each game because the games are back-to-back-to-back-to-back (four days in a row). It could help us sustain momentum.

Also, by the same logic,if we come out sloppy, we are doomed.

Not predicting anything, but in '83 NC State went 17-10 in the regular season then flipped a switch and went nuts winning ACC tourney and riding the momentum all the way to an NCAA title.

Also... anytime Louisville wins it all...

I believe it's all based upon matchups. If we play a team like Iowa at some point, it plays to our strengths. If we play a team like Minnesota or Nebraska, I think we go down. We play based on the name on the jersey (which I hate).