Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

Iowa @ IU, postponed.

[quote name="Vauxhall and IU" post="40586" timestamp="1392778477"]Because clearly, uniforms win championships.[/quote]

They could excite potential future players that could win a championship.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If IOWA was ok to play in Indy, then there is no reason we should not have played that game.

On the surface I'd agree with AH being out of commission, but I imagine there's more that goes in to it than just taking the trip to Indy.  Fans paid for their seat and the seating could be very different, so they'd need time to work around that.

Yea, I was trying to say that uniforms win championships. You don't have to go and be a smart@#^...I do feel that these kids look at things like this thought. Is this school Nike or Adidas? I'm not saying every kid out there is worried about nice looking uniforms but alot of them are. Something like this would help, just my opinion big guy

The school is Adidas, but they may try to get out of that with Vic/Cody signing with Nike.

Some kids might gives a darn what the uniforms look like, but that'd be a pretty superficial way to judge a program.  At the end of the day though there are some very good players looking our way even with our antiquated uniforms.  If they wanted to add an alternate I'd be okay with that, but our standard uniforms don't seem to be hurting recruiting efforts much.

The school is Adidas, but they may try to get out of that with Vic/Cody signing with Nike.

Some kids might gives a darn what the uniforms look like, but that'd be a pretty superficial way to judge a program.  At the end of the day though there are some very good players looking our way even with our antiquated uniforms.  If they wanted to add an alternate I'd be okay with that, but our standard uniforms don't seem to be hurting recruiting efforts much.

I was saying that some kids, not all is asking around on what some of these programs are using because of shoes and maybe the type of style uniforms. We need all the help we can get at this point because I think its pretty clear that we don't have a coach that can take us to the promise land. 

Guys guys guys... We didn't play in Indy because we had next to zero chance of beating them there. We need to play this game in Assembly and our season is on the line.

I'm not sure why IU fans are even upset we didn't play it in BLF. Mind blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yea, I was trying to say that uniforms win championships. You don't have to go and be a smart@#^...I do feel that these kids look at things like this thought. Is this school Nike or Adidas? I'm not saying every kid out there is worried about nice looking uniforms but alot of them are. Something like this would help, just my opinion big guy

I too would like to see a switch to Nike unis.

Guys guys guys... We didn't play in Indy because we had next to zero chance of beating them there. We need to play this game in Assembly and our season is on the line. I'm not sure why IU fans are even upset we didn't play it in BLF. Mind blowing. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Because we know our season isn't really on the line, at least the non-delusional of us do. We aren't making the tournament unless we win the conference tourney. It is what it is.

Guys guys guys... We didn't play in Indy because we had next to zero chance of beating them there. We need to play this game in Assembly and our season is on the line.

I'm not sure why IU fans are even upset we didn't play it in BLF. Mind blowing.

Realistically speaking, we don't have a good chance of being them in AH so does it really matter?

[quote name="Rayl" post="40615" timestamp="1392782078"]Because we know our season isn't really on the line, at least the non-delusional of us do. We aren't making the tournament unless we win the conference tourney. It is what it is.[/quote]

If the administration doesn't think we have a chance we are in big trouble.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="40617" timestamp="1392782245"]Realistically speaking, we don't have a good chance of being them in AH so does it really matter?[/quote]

While I understand, you have to know that our chances are much better in AH than Bankers or anywhere else. That's all I'm referencing.

If the administration doesn't think we have a chance we are in big trouble.

I'd argue that if the administration doesn't understand how statistically improbable it is, then we are in much bigger trouble.

[quote name="Rayl" post="40625" timestamp="1392783040"]I'd argue that if the administration doesn't understand how statistically improbable it is, then we are in much bigger trouble.[/quote]

I'll disagree with you all day and night on that one.

I'll disagree with you all day and night on that one.

Why? They are educated people that we rely on to make level-headed decisions for the future of the university and the athletic department. Are you saying that they should ignore mathematical probabilities when making those decisions?

I know you are not trying to say that because that would be really stupid. So, I assume I am just not getting your point.

I have to say, while I would hate to see AH go, this proves we really need a new stadium.  Forget spending all that money on a renovation to put the Slkdlkllfkdflaskdfj name on the side, put it towards building new.  And get a sound engineer in there to try and maximize the acoustics.

[quote name="Rayl" post="40628" timestamp="1392783610"]Why? They are educated people that we rely on to make level-headed decisions for the future of the university and the athletic department. Are you saying that they should ignore mathematical probabilities when making those decisions?

I know you are not trying to say that because that would be really stupid. So, I assume I am just not getting your point.[/quote]

I thought you were just talking about winning the Iowa game. I see you are talking about making the tourney in which I agree. Odds are microscopic without winning BTT

So thankful this did not happen during the game. I think the basketball Gods were with us!
As frustrated as I get watching the HOOSIERS play I am more disappointed the game had to be cancelled than if we played and lost.
Hooked on Hoosiers!

I have to say, while I would hate to see AH go, this proves we really need a new stadium. Forget spending all that money on a renovation to put the Slkdlkllfkdflaskdfj name on the side, put it towards building new. And get a sound engineer in there to try and maximize the acoustics.

watching the news this morning it looks like heavy snow piled up in that area and when it started to melt it got heavy and popped that piece off. This is happening all over a mall in fortwayne also had the roof fall in thankfully when no-one was there<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />