Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

Iowa @ IU, postponed.

Glass said IU wouldn't play at BLF tomorrow for logistical reasons according to rabjohns on twitter. Sounds to me like they didn't want to play

Did it occur to you that maybe Iowa doesn't want to or can not stick around another day?

[quote name="Hwy 1" post="40557" timestamp="1392769796"]Did it occur to you that maybe Iowa doesn't want to or can not stick around another day?[/quote]

No because Iowa was open to playing tomorrow at BLF

No because Iowa was open to playing tomorrow at BLF

I will say that iowa was ok we should have done it they have more to lose than we do should have let them decide. It sounds like a money deal to me<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

I don't know what goes into scheduling a game like this but I imagine it's a large endeavor. Here's what Glass had to say. Quite frankly I don't doubt it a bit. 

"Glass, however, said logistical challenges of playing in Indianapolis and uncertainty about Assembly Hall's availability prompted IU to decline the offer.

"Iowa was open to playing in Bankers Life Fieldhouse, which would have made sense if we had pre-planned that," Glass said. But the athletic director said he didn't think IU could properly stage a Big Ten game on such short notice."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2014/02/18/assembly-hall-indiana-university-basketball/5584355/

We don't need no stinkin' new building!

Oh yes we do! Also with new uniforms. We need a update. There are several Universities out there with "tradition" that updates facilities, uniforms etc. We are really behind. Im 31 and I've been a fan since I can remember. Don't remember our last championship in '87. But I remember early '90s (man I miss those days). If I were FD or CTC, I would be pushing really hard for a new arena and other things. I know all you traditionalists are going to lash out but it's true, WE NEED THIS!! Other than 2002 (that was a fluke) our last really good team was what, 1992? Guys it's been nearly 30 years since we've done anything

Oh yes we do! Also with new uniforms. We need a update. There are several Universities out there with "tradition" that updates facilities, uniforms etc. We are really behind. Im 31 and I've been a fan since I can remember. Don't remember our last championship in '87. But I remember early '90s (man I miss those days). If I were FD or CTC, I would be pushing really hard for a new arena and other things. I know all you traditionalists are going to lash out but it's true, WE NEED THIS!! Other than 2002 (that was a fluke) our last really good team was what, 1992? Guys it's been nearly 30 years since we've done anything

Because clearly, uniforms win championships.

Yea, I was trying to say that uniforms win championships. You don't have to go and be a smart@#^...I do feel that these kids look at things like this thought. Is this school Nike or Adidas? I'm not saying every kid out there is worried about nice looking uniforms but alot of them are. Something like this would help, just my opinion big guy