Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

TomPritchard25

IU knocking on the door

Looking back at B1G play, and the scores of our losses. 6/8 of the losses in B1G play have been by less than 10 points. Now, I know that a loss is a loss no matter how bad the deficit is, but with the youngest team in B1G I'm not very mad at this stat. Having a leader in hard times will get us out of these very narrow defeats, along with team experience. Come this time next year, IMHO I believe IU will be in the top of the pack in the B1G(with our without Vonleh, hopefully with). Balls will begin to bounce our way.

I'm sorry, you shouldn't be posting anything encouraging. The doom and gloom crowd gets depressed when they see this kind of stuff. They think it shows that you don't care because you aren't blasting the program. That makes them sad and brings the board down.

someone has to do it, why not the Pritch? ...

[quote name="TomPritchard25" post="40223" timestamp="1392647341"]Looking back at B1G play, and the scores of our losses. 6/8 of the losses in B1G play have been by less than 10 points. Now, I know that a loss is a loss no matter how bad the deficit is, but with the youngest team in B1G I'm not very mad at this stat. Having a leader in hard times will get us out of these very narrow defeats, along with team experience. Come this time next year, IMHO I believe IU will be in the top of the pack in the B1G(with our without Vonleh, hopefully with). Balls will begin to bounce our way.[/quote]

Great post. If Vonleh leaves, I can't see us being a top B1G team unfortunately. With him, I think we are a top 25 team, and could be top 15. No, I'm not getting crazy, but the talent is there. Either way, Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="TomPritchard25" post="40233" timestamp="1392648930"]Looking for Yogi to make an absolute huge leap, best PG in the country next year. Bank on it, he has a will to win that is uncommon, you can see it in his eyes when he plays.[/quote]

I think he can too. Add in jb2 to the mix will take some of the pressure off yogi to try and get 20 a night. Yogi will still need to score but can now become an even better facilitator.

[quote name="Hwy 1" post="40236" timestamp="1392650405"]If this team gave me no hope of improvement I'd be really down. I do see them getting better and I've been around long enough to know that freshmen often play like freshmen. It's been a rough year but things will get better.[/quote]

Ya hopefully this season will leave a bad taste in their mouths and that will lead to some great summers.

[quote name="JaybobHoosier" post="40240" timestamp="1392651523"]I still think Williams is going to take a huge leap! I'm also still a big believer in JH. I wasn't excited about this season in terms of predictions, but I am for next year.[/quote]

Jeremy needs to have a big summer. I think he needs to step up and be another leader for this group of guys going into his junior year. I think he can make his way back into the starting lineup next year at the 3. He has played pretty hard lately but a great summer could improve his shot and his overall offensive game.

I agree with this post. But over the summer the guys need to find a "will to win," otherwise we won't improve. They need to toughen up. Yogi is the only one who seems to be putting 110% on the floor at all times and I think that is what we are lacking most. Not talent, because that is surely there.

This is a fair point. I think they are standing at two doors however. One as you describe. If they out in some great off season work, gel and find legitimate leaders then could move from the cellar to a contender. The other door is one that leads to implosion, selfishness and more if the same. The first door I will contend is harder for guys who struggle with selfishness but I have no idea if this is true for our guys. I think how we finish this year will show which door they will likely take. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The Pritch is the man!

I got 99 problems but a Pritch ain't one!

Also, I agree with the assessment that off season workouts are big.  These guys need to find that will to win/get it done.  Yogi seems to be the only one at times with the never say die attitude.

I agree with this post but lets remember this team although sloppy at times wasn't playing terrible all year. I think we better play close attention to how we finish we have to have some positive things happen or we will have no momentum going into the summer. I have also learned to wait to judge how we will b next year cause I am afraid who we lose after this year. I can see iu being contenders for big 10 or even a deep ncaa run but they got to get things t ogeather now or it could get ugly on and off the court.<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

I love those having faith in Hollowell...its laughable at this point...What has he shown to think he will all of the sudden have an epiphany and become the player we thought we were going to get when recruiting him??? I dont get the love fest for Hollowell at all...

In my own opinion like it or not noone on here has the right to bash the program unless you are on the team or are absolutely positive you know what you are talking about just enjoy being a hoosier fan, alumni, or ex player and praise the kids on the court for their hard work or have some words of encouragement. Remember these kids have it hard enough keeping there academics up, which is a big part of what hoosier athletics is about. Remember IU is in the B1G for a reason

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

They'll be better next season, no doubt. But, how much? If Noah stays, then a conference championship and a deep run in the tournament is definitely possible, depending on how fast JBJ acclimates to the college game and off-season improvement of the returning players.

If Noah leaves, I wish people would temper their expectations. It will likely be a long year. You have to have some kind of inside presence. It doesn't have to be great, but Hanner, if he's even allowed to return, and Peter Jurkin don't appear to be good enough.