Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

Guitar

post-1799-0-90111500-1430202357_thumb.pn

I put some badass black synthetic guts on this Fender bass and forgot to take some pics before I sold it the other day.

I am such a dummy!

Whatevs.  I think its badassedness still comes through.

Bought it from a cute dumb lesbian girl who put high tension strings on it that tore right through the saddle, so i had to remove that and then replace it and fix the damage.  Not fun at all.  Until the project was finished.

And again, I am an idiot who forgot to take pictures of the awesome finished product.  Oh well.

I miss that thing already.  It practically played itself.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

I forgot this thread even existed.  Picked up RockSmith on PS3 several months back.

Its still really helpful on the riff repeater but I have found that it seems to be a little off on the timing of the songs. Great game, great idea though. 

11 hours ago, wirenuts said:

Its still really helpful on the riff repeater but I have found that it seems to be a little off on the timing of the songs. Great game, great idea though. 

It definitely has drawbacks.  Love the idea, I would make changes to the overall execution though.  Teaches you the fret board and techniques (bends, hammer on, pull off) and it's tab based; not much emphasis as scales though which, while boring, form the base of everything you do and are essential.

3 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

One of my favorite fender colors (next to daphne blue). Here’s mine C97FB980-6881-46CD-BA36-E6AD03DF4B56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The Daphne blue is sharp, and a great look if you're playing 50s and 60s rock.  They made one I absolutely loved, a red just translucent enough to see some of the wood grain with a black pickguard and headstock;  gorgeous instrument in person.

5 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

The Daphne blue is sharp, and a great look if you're playing 50s and 60s rock.  They made one I absolutely loved, a red just translucent enough to see some of the wood grain with a black pickguard and headstock;  gorgeous instrument in person.

I was torn between those exact two colors. Daphne blue and the sienna burst. I ended up with the burst but such a hard decision

16 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Sweetwater released a limited edition. Full rosewood neckIMG_4354.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's not bad, I think I would've preferred a headstock to match the pickguard though.  The red/black I mentioned was a Guitar Center exclusive American Select HSS, mahogany body and I believe rosewood neck.

I like when Fender uses wood other than alder, gives a different sound to the traditional Strat.