Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2014) C Ruben Guerrero to USF

Committed to USF 5/1/14.

Bel Aire, KS (Sunrise Christian Academy)
Ht: 6-10 | Wt: 230

EDIT: No offer. Offered 1/29/14. Originally from Malaga, Spain. Couldn't find much else in the database and Scout/ESPN doesn't have a profile yet.

Rivals

300px-Katz%27s_Deli_-_Lunch.jpg

It's all a big misunderstanding. 

At noon today Coach Crean was talking to Coach Kenny, and a few reporters were eavesdropping.

CTC: "Hey Kenny, next year this team is going to be starving for big men".

Coach Johnson: "Hey Tom, what I'm really hungry for is a Ruben".

The reporters put two and two together, and ran with the story.

A team video that has some clips of Ruben, especially toward the end of the video. He's #24.

He's very long.

He's playing against a very high level of high school competition.

From the video, his team does not appear to be completely guard oriented; the bigs come out to screen,roll, and post up.

Things occur for a reason, and I am intrigued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NF4aexMyDKo

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="33148" timestamp="1391033363"]Hey we lost Luuuuuuuuuuke, but we could end up with Ruuuuuuuuube

Edit: I was watching that video saying "man, that #11 is GOOD!" After seeing who he was, it makes sense. I also wouldn't mind having #15. That guy looked like a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

"More notables from the Elite 14 Bel Aire (Kan.) Sunrise Christian is the high school basketball equivalent of the United Nations and has players from all over the globe. Leading the way was four-star point guard Lourawls Nairn from the Bahamas. The Michigan State pledge looked in tip top condition and was making plays all over the floor. We've written it before, but Spartan fans will love him for his toughness and playmaking. Also making some noise were shooting guard Vasilije Pusica and big men Ruben Guerrero and Moataz Hosney. A product of Serbia, Pusica is a deadly jump shooter with some savvy and toughness off the dribble who has offers from San Diego and Colorado State. A product of Spain, Guerrero is a pretty mobile big man who has a great looking jumper for a 6-foot-10 kid. Just arrived from Egypt, Hosney has long arms, good strength and was very active on the glass, scoring around the rim and as a shot blocking presence. - See more at: http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1570451#sthash.lkJCBhC0.dpuf"

This is the payoff for running a clean, close second recruitment of LouRawls Nairn.

There is obviously a good relationship that has been built between our staff and the Sunrise staff, and you can betcha they fed Ruben's potential and film directly to us when they saw our need for a big.

Is it just me, or does every big man Indiana has recently shown interest in seem to have a nice jump shot?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Geez, I hope so!

Kidding aside, seems like Guerrero, Cimino, and Sharma shoot well, and Rozkas is a banger, not a shooter.

I say again, pass pass pass pass PASS.  We have got to start balancing classes, period, if we want to avoid these stupid "rebuilding" years every few years and they shouldn't be happening at all at this point.

We cannot afford another 4 year player in this class.  This kid is foreign, did he even play the game growing up?  Hanner didn't and look what happened, he's clueless out there.

Is it just me, or does every big man Indiana has recently shown interest in seem to have a nice jump shot? Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was actually gonna say I'm always a little wary of when a big man recruit supposedly has a nice jump shot. I'd love to actually hear of a big man with an actual post game!

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="33148" timestamp="1391033363"]Hey we lost Luuuuuuuuuuke, but we could end up with Ruuuuuuuuube

Edit: I was watching that video saying "man, that #11 is GOOD!" After seeing who he was, it makes sense. I also wouldn't mind having #15. That guy looked like a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ahhh....Hovadipo. You sir, are one prescient mo-fo.

That beast's name is Marvin Clark, and he will be in Bloomington on an official visit in about two weeks.