Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Book Thread

27 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

The local library had a used book sale today. People had to register for a time slot. I had a slot. I ended up being 20 hardcovers for 20 dollars. Not bad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Solid score!

I’m still reading away as well.  I use the Goodread app and forget to post here. 

3 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Love that app.
Trying to read get 4 more read for the year, so I can break my record of 106 in a year.

I’m at 64 which is a new high for me. My goal was 50, so I’m ok with that. 

I’m at 64 which is a new high for me. My goal was 50, so I’m ok with that. 
I didn't expect to read this much, but I've had/still have a lot of health issues. That and covid taking away a lot of the stuff I usually do, I've had a lot of time. Plus I read 1 hour in bed before I go to sleep.

10 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I didn't expect to read this much, but I've had/still have a lot of health issues. That and covid taking away a lot of the stuff I usually do, I've had a lot of time. Plus I read 1 hour in bed before I go to sleep.

I usually find time to read in the evenings when we are winding down. Kids are watching TV or playing video games. I’ll read. 

Two books I am in the middle of 

The Goal - Forget the author and book is at work but it’s a management book about a plant manager of a failing plant. 

The Imjin War - A history of the Japanese invasion of Korea in the late 1500s.  

Both are very good 
I have the latter one on my to read last.

I finished this book last week. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think you will too

Check out this book on Goodreads: Soldiers and Slaves: American POWs Trapped by the Nazis' Final Gamble https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54675.Soldiers_and_Slaves

Just got into john Grisham and have finished The Broker, The partner, and The Appeal over the month

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
He has a couple off the path books that are really quick and good reads especially "bleachers" and "playing for pizza". Both about football, well sort of anyhow.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Just got into john Grisham and have finished The Broker, The partner, and The Appeal over the month

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you're just getting into Grisham, you should check out "Time To Kill" and "Sycamore Row." ... Those are two of the three in the Jake Brigance series. There's also the third -- "A Time For Mercy" -- which just came out, but I haven't read yet. 

If you're just getting into Grisham, you should check out "Time To Kill" and "Sycamore Row." ... Those are two of the three in the Jake Brigance series. There's also the third -- "A Time For Mercy" -- which just came out, but I haven't read yet. 
Time to kill was excellent and I believe it was his first novel wasn't it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Highly recommend Deep River by Karl Marlantes. It’s an epic/saga that follows the lives of three Finnish sibling  immigrants from 1890s-1930s who settle in the SW Washington/NW Oregon area.  
I think he wrote a Vietnam War novel also. I can't remember the name