Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Book Thread

I've been on a little bit of a Stephen King kick.  I'm about 2/3's through The Stand.  You believe that happy crappy?  You don't tell me, I tell you.  Before that was the first two books of the Bill Hodges Trilogy, Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers.  Both pretty good.  I'll finish the 3rd once I'm through w/the Stand. 

A couple good non-fictions I've read recently were by Erik Larson, Thunderstruck and Devil in the White City.  Both pretty interesting.  I reread 1984, been about 20 yrs since I read that one...it's still a solid standard.  Oh, Dan Brown's the Lost Symbol.  Dan Brown never fails me.  He's probably one of my fave's.  When I flew out to Denver a while back I read 13 Days by Robert Kennedy.  Solid account of JFKs turmoils and inner struggles during the Cuban Missile Crisis.  It wasn't terrible, but I think if I were alive during that era it would have meant a little more. 

Has anyone read the Pike Logan series by Brad Taylor? I just started on "One Rough Man." It's good so far but I know that's just an appetizer for MSB.

Also just finished reading "One Second After" and "One Year After." They're both good reads and interesting take on a very serious threat to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Last summer my then 6th going on 7th grade grandson read The Odyssey and 1984 as 'fun' reading for the summer.  I had never read either The Iliad or The Odyssey but he prompted me to read both.  I found The Iliad to be pretty boring and repetitious but really enjoyed The Odyssey.   I'd also recommend A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens.  I thought he created very vivid images with his narrative about the French Revolution.

How did you like "We the People" by Dr. Carson? I like reading some of his articles.

It was pretty basic, if you read much you'll go through it in a day. I really didn't learn anything new, except reinforced that I really like him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BtownBanners mobile app

It was pretty basic, if you read much you'll go through it in a day. I really didn't learn anything new, except reinforced that I really like him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BtownBanners mobile app

Is the title"We the People"? I searched around but came up empty. Thx