Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Music Thread

"We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX.  We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the ‘Top'. We will forever be connected to that "Blues Shuffle in C.” 

You will be missed greatly, amigo. 

Frank & Billy

I have back stage passes to Saturday's show where Staind opens for Korn.

Why the *** is Staind opening for Korn?  Going from whine to rock?  Weird pairing.

I saw Staind open for Static X a few years ago.  It's damn hard to open for Static X.  Staind doing it?  It was bad.  Maybe they need to open for somebody similar like Celine Dion.  I don't get it.

21 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

One of the more unforgettable nights of my life was seeing The Stones at IMS on the 4th of July (the irony is not lost on me) and they were as good in concert in their 70s as they must have been in the 70s. RIP. 

Saw them twice, Tattoo You and Steel Wheels tours. Incredible shows. But, and this is a sore subject, did not play Gimme Shelter in EITHER show. Love that song so much.

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

Saw them twice, Tattoo You and Steel Wheels tours. Incredible shows. But, and this is a sore subject, did not play Gimme Shelter in EITHER show. Love that song so much.

I won’t talk about how good Gimme Shelter was on July 4, 2015. Won’t even mention it. 

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I won’t talk about how good Gimme Shelter was on July 4, 2015. Won’t even mention it. 

Yeah, that song’s on my deathbed playlist.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I have back stage passes to Saturday's show where Staind opens for Korn.
Why the *** is Staind opening for Korn?  Going from whine to rock?  Weird pairing.
I saw Staind open for Static X a few years ago.  It's damn hard to open for Static X.  Staind doing it?  It was bad.  Maybe they need to open for somebody similar like Celine Dion.  I don't get it.
[/url]  

Agreed! We saw Nickelback (yeah, take your shots here) around 2010 and Aaron Lewis was the most flat, disinterested front man on planet earth. Everyone around me was looking at each other like “ooook”.

And fwiw, say what you want about their music, NB can put on a show. They did a 10-12 minute cover jam of Pantera in memory of Dimebag and just smoked it. To this day I’ve wondered why they never branched out that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

On behalf of all the mods (have not discussed this with them) you will have the full support of our (just my, probably) mod powers against any Nickelback slander (prior to 2008).

My unconditional promise to you. 

The Complete Top Ten List of Best Canadian Rock Bands:

1. The Band (if 80% Canadian counts)
  2. Arcade Fire 
  3. No, the peoples that back up Leonard Cohen, Joni, or Neil Young do not count as a band.
  4. No, 'Of Montreal' is in no way Canadian
  6.  Nooooo! An acrobatic drummer does not compensate for overblow production, yowl-like over singing, and unusable lyrics.
  7.  No, not them either. Really? What are you thinking?!?
  10.  That's it.

PS--thanks be to Demo for the insight--Drive By Truckers are niiice.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The Complete Top Ten List of Best Canadian Rock Bands:

1. The Band (if 80% Canadian counts)
  2. Arcade Fire 
  3. No, the peoples that back up Leonard Cohen, Joni, or Neil Young do not count as a band.
  4. No, 'Of Montreal' is in no way Canadian
  6.  Nooooo! An acrobatic drummer does not compensate for overblow production, yowl-like over singing, and unusable lyrics.
  7.  No, not them either. Really? What are you thinking?!?
  10.  That's it.

PS--thanks be to Demo for the insight--Drive By Truckers are niiice.

No love for the one-man-rock-band Bryan Adams? Allanis Morissette? LOVERBOY?! Incomplete list, IMHO. 

I’m fine with Nickelback not being on it, but there’s a time and place for Chad and the Boys. (Anything written prior to 2008)

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

No love for the one-man-rock-band Bryan Adams? Allanis Morissette? LOVERBOY?! Incomplete list, IMHO. 

I’m fine with Nickelback not being on it, but there’s a time and place for Chad and the Boys. (Anything written prior to 2008)

Zappa Frank Zappa GIF - Zappa Frank Zappa Drinking Coffee GIFs

^^Note: NOT a Canadian.^^

Times have changed,
Our kids are getting worse!
They won't obey their parents,
They just want to fart and curse!

Should we blame the government?
Or blame society?
Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
With all their beady little eyes,
And flapping heads so full of lies!

Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!

We need to form a full assault!
It's Canada's fault!

Don't blame me,
For my son Stan,
He saw the darn cartoon,
And now he's off to join the Klan!

And my boy Eric once,
Had my picture on his shelf,
But now when I see him he tells me to f*ck myself!

Well, blame Canada!
Blame Canada!

It seems that everything's gone wrong,
Since Canada came along!

Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!

They're not even a real country anyway!

My son could have been a doctor or a lawyer, rich and true,
Instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue!

Should we blame the matches?
Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?

Heck no!

Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!

With all their hockey hullabaloo,
And that ***** Anne Murray too!

Blame Canada!
Shame on Canada!
For...
The smut we must stop,
The trash we will stash,
The laughter and fun,
Must all be undone,
We must blame them and cause a fuss,
Before somebody thinks of blaming us!

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Holy ****...Keith Richards has officially outlived a non-Brian Jones member of the Stones! What were the medical odds?

Grace Slick used to say that she was gonna live forever because alcohol was a great preservative. Wouldn’t have thought heroin would serve the same purpose, but, man, Keith…….