Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) SG Donovan Mitchell to Louisville

Cut list 8/3/14 - Louisville, Villanova, BC, Providence, FSU.

New Milford, CT (Brewster Academy)

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 180

AAU: The City

Offered 6/9/14. Teammates with 2015 PF Jarred Reuter(offer). Kid tore it up @ the NPS a few weeks or so ago. I believe we watched.

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Twitter

Our OV was already mentioned above, but looks like he's taking one to UL to.

Terrence Payne ‏@terrence_payne  2m
Donovan Mitchell told me he plans on taking official visits to Louisville and Indiana. Others three are undecided

Wow. That will certainly make it difficult to say no if he chooses to go elsewhere. @EvanDaniels: Something to note on Donovan Mitchell. Providence staff hasn't missed a game on AAU circuit in two years. Even when he was hurt. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Wow. That will certainly make it difficult to say no if he chooses to go elsewhere.

@EvanDaniels: Something to note on Donovan Mitchell. Providence staff hasn't missed a game on AAU circuit in two years. Even when he was hurt.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

That makes the Crystal Ball picks make some sense. I hope we get some quality 15s in the fold soon.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="74982" timestamp="1406004465"]Jerry Meyer picks UofL. Oh well. Still plenty of guards available. This kid sounds special.

Whitt
Shake
Crawford
Coleman
Walton - I think he is underrated. He's a good player.[/quote] Holy cow you've gotten very presumptuous of late. Jerry Meyer also has Thon Maker coming to IU. Donovan Mitchell is still on the board.

Yeah and I think there may be something to the Thon Maker rumblings. I was right well in advance on Spalding. Very seldom does someone surprise the preponderance of writers. Robert Johnson and Theo did. Rare cases.

Yes I am admittedly down on recruiting. Thon could be a tremendous get. Time will tell.

I am like many others and think our recruiting strategy as of late stinks. Too many offers too early devalues the meaning of the offer. The IU offer is special to the little dogs in recruiting like your Prillers and Hoetzels. The big fish are looking for Duke, UNC, UK, KU, Arizona OSU, Syracuse. And lately UCLA and Louisville. We should be competing with those guys, no question.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="74984" timestamp="1406005177"]Yeah and I think there may be something to the Thon Maker rumblings. I was right well in advance on Spalding. Very seldom does someone surprise the preponderance of writers. Robert Johnson and Theo did. Rare cases.

Yes I am admittedly down on recruiting. Thon could be a tremendous get. Time will tell.

I am like many others and think our recruiting strategy as of late stinks. Too many offers too early devalues the meaning of the offer. The IU offer is special to the little dogs in recruiting like your Prillers and Hoetzels. The big fish are looking for Duke, UNC, UK, KU, Arizona OSU, Syracuse. And lately UCLA and Louisville. We should be competing with those guys, no question.[/quote] Spalding literally said he wanted UL to offer because they were his #1. Not much interpretation needed. They came in late after we prioritized him. Unfortunate, but it happens.

As for Crean giving out too many offers, is this a statistically supported statement, or a feeling that we all have because we follow IU much more closely than any other program?

I understand why you would be down about recruiting, but let's not throw ourselves off the deep end here. All is not lost.