Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierReb01

Rapid Reaction, IU vs. Samford

Well, I'm not sure what you could complain about, 105 points, 13 players scored, +22 on rebounds, and won by 46.IU shot almost 60%, including 40% from 3. If their was a negative it was missed free throws, with IU only hit 65%. Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell hit 8 out of 11 shots including 5 out of 7 from 3 pint land, on his way to a 26 point, 6 assist night. Noah Vonleh secured another double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds, returning to the game after a scary first half foul.

IU definitely looked like a different team than the one that played Tuesday night. The defense was good, and the offense flowed rather than the forced effort of the other night. IU attacked the middle scoring the majority of their points in the lane or on the line.

Hanner Perea and Jeremy Hollowell continued to show the improvement from last year. Perea had several dunks on his way to 8 points including a putback dunk that had the crowd on its feet. Hollowell was instrumental in several early plays including a wraparound pass for an assist, before he dropped in 7 points.

Troy Williams dropped in 10 points and added 8 rebounds, while Evan Gordon added 10 points off the bench.

You could find a few things to complain about this game if you want to, but if you are a IU fan, you should have just sat back and enjoyed it. IU is a young team, but they are long and athletic, and while there will be some down moments there is a ton of upside here. Its going to be a interesting season.

[url=https://btownbanners.com/page/articles.html/_/basketball/rapid-reaction-iu-vs-samford-r93]Click here to view the article[/url]

Agree with OP. Not really many negatives, Yogi put on a show shooting it tonight. Glad to see Hanner having good production on the court tonight, Fischer gave us solid minutes as well, 3 blocks in 11 minutes.

What is the record for most consecutive games with a double double to start a career at IU? Noah is obviously already at 3 for the year, while only playing about 22 minutes a night

Well, I'm not sure what you could complain about, 105 points, 13 players scored, +22 on rebounds, and won by 46.IU shot almost 60%, including 40% from 3. If their was a negative it was missed free throws, with IU only hit 65%. Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell hit 8 out of 11 shots including 5 out of 7 from 3 pint land, on his way to a 26 point, 6 assist night. Noah Vonleh secured another double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds, returning to the game after a scary first half foul.

IU definitely looked like a different team than the one that played Tuesday night. The defense was good, and the offense flowed rather than the forced effort of the other night. IU attacked the middle scoring the majority of their points in the lane or on the line.

Hanner Perea and Jeremy Hollowell continued to show the improvement from last year. Perea had several dunks on his way to 8 points including a putback dunk that had the crowd on its feet. Hollowell was instrumental in several early plays including a wraparound pass for an assist, before he dropped in 7 points.

Troy Williams dropped in 10 points and added 8 rebounds, while Evan Gordon added 10 points off the bench.

You could find a few things to complain about this game if you want to, but if you are a IU fan, you should have just sat back and enjoyed it. IU is a young team, but they are long and athletic, and while there will be some down moments there is a ton of upside here. Its going to be a interesting season.

Click here to view the article

First, nice write up.

Two, I typed a bunch of stuff and just deleted it.  I think the highlighted part, which I was commenting on, speaks for itself.  It's something I hope we can all keep in mind when the downs happen.