Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

OT: UK College Students Don't Give a Crap About Their NBA Rent-a-Players

A little light reading;

It seems that student attendance at UK games is sliding, sliding, sliding downhill. Imagine that!

Your college team is different every year.
Your college team has no interest in a college education.
Your in-conference schedule stinks.
Your out-of-conference schedule has some top 25 opponents, but only in far away neutral site cities.

That leaves one UF game a year, and an every other year home game against UL as the only competitive tix.

See attached Rupp Rafters thread; hint; for extra laughs, some are blaming the high $5 student ticket prices (tough economy, ya know!)

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=194391753&mid=194391753&sid=888&style=2

Solid points. Look at our Hoosier hysteria last season. It was PACKED because of the players and we all loved them. This hear with new players it wasn't as crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Everyone was talking banner last year too... lots of "banner-wagoners", the hardcore fans stick around when championships aren't the talk of the town. But yes, the players last year were known and loved as many had grown up with them.

Coffee1
All-American
Post #7826
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Re: Question for UK students Reply
The economy is in the toilet and football season is still going on. 

11/14 11:36 AM | IP: Logged

"And football season is still going on" ahahahahahahaha, the sad part is he's probably talking about Bama football too. 

Everyone was talking banner last year too... lots of "banner-wagoners", the hardcore fans stick around when championships aren't the talk of the town. But yes, the players last year were known and loved as many had grown up with them.

True. I remember people calling the BtownBanners account bandwagon lol. Cus if you look at when it started, it started when Crean was hired haha

True. I remember people calling the BtownBanners account bandwagon lol. Cus if you look at when it started, it started when Crean was hired haha

Dang it! What's with the "limit" on likes!?!?!   I think I liked about 10 posts today...