Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

We Are A Dangerous Team

I see many posters accurately stating that we will be a dangerous team next year.

I believe that you guys are missing the obvious about this year:

Hey...

We will take our lumps at times.

We will make our share of mistakes.

We will have cold shooting nights.

We will have trouble in hostile environments.

BUT:

Our freshman will get more comfortable in their defensive sets.

Many of the outside shots that have not gone in yet were missed with very technically sound shooting strokes. 

Our turnovers are already not as bad as many might have anticipated, and that aspect will also continue to improve.

Stan and Luke will get healthier.

We are already very athletic; as our confidence increases, our athleticism will become far more apparent.

Guys...We are going to be a dangerous team THIS year.

I've stated many times how much I love this team and how I think they will be very dangerous come March. Talented, athletic freshmen getting a lot of minutes in a hostile B1G season? They'll be seasoned vets by tourney time, and very tough out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just remember it is a very long season and we are a very young and talented team also the hoosiers have a coach that believes in all of his players like the great bobby knight did tom crean is great!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

I've stated many times how much I love this team and how I think they will be very dangerous come March. Talented, athletic freshmen getting a lot of minutes in a hostile B1G season? They'll be seasoned vets by tourney time, and very tough out.

Yep, next year I think we can make a run if we develop well over the next 12-16 months.  That said, I am hoping we are that team nobody wants to play in March.

Also, every time Louisville has won a title previously, IU won the next year.

I'm seeing a lot of coincidental similar events surrounding this year that happened in the 80-81 year.

-Louisville won the title the year before 79-80

-IU was coming off a 79-80 season when they were Pre-Season #1, won the Big Ten, and went to the Sweet 16.

-UK was 80-81 pre-season #1

-In 80-81, IU had a sophomore PG who wore #11 (as you all know, Isiah Thomas)

Result of 1980-81 season: IU 21-9 regular season; Big Ten Champions; #3 Seed in NCAA Tourney; Won National Championship 63-50 over North Carolina.

Agree Stu. I think the reason there is so much excitement for next year is the thought that our whole team basically returns with experience and the. We add multiple players that fill the GLARING whole in this team, an outside shooting threat.

I'm pushing for a Sweet 16 again this year. If like to get past it obviously, but I'd be pretty happy if they could pull that off again. (Hopefully no rings this year

They have the potential to be dangerous. I think as long as we have seen enough development, both individually and from a team/chemistry view point, this will be a Sweet Sixteen team for this year, and even greater potential for next year. Potential seems to be the main word assigned to this year's squad, which seems really appropriate. 

Agree Stu. I think the reason there is so much excitement for next year is the thought that our whole team basically returns with experience and the. We add multiple players that fill the GLARING whole in this team, an outside shooting threat.

I'm pushing for a Sweet 16 again this year. If like to get past it obviously, but I'd be pretty happy if they could pull that off again. (Hopefully no rings this year )

Yes please no rings lol, i forget i always get them mixed up, it was either mo creek or remy that showed them off on twitter. That was very embarrassing lol

Yes please no rings lol, i forget i always get them mixed up, it was either mo creek or remy that showed them off on twitter. That was very embarrassing lol

It was Remy. Sad day in Indiana Basketball history lol

Not nearly as embarassing as having one of your players video tapped getting spanked naked on the lockerroom floor.

And please no cutting down the nets until we win the NC.... this is IU, nothing else compares....

I agree with everyone else in this post though that we are going to continue to develop our young team and be very tough, with the athleticism we have we could be very dangerous THIS year.... Vonleh is a good replacement for Cody & Troy is a good replacement for Vic..... Need somebody to step up and shoot the ball some nights (Sheehey can get hot, but is streaky, Yogi has worked all offseason, what about Marlin... his D lacks but if he can shoot the other team out of a Zone please put him in occasionally just for that.)

We get 2 players in the top 5 of the NBA draft and can't win the whole thing.

Keep in mind Zeller was thought to be a late-lottery pick until right before the draft. If not for Michael Jordan, Cody doesn't sniff the top five.