Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SF Miles Bridges to MSU

We really need a domino to fall our way. Doesn't look like it will be Miles. Is CuJo planning on announcing anytime soon?

CuJo is great and I can't wait to have him, if he chooses us! But, he isn't Bridges... I just want somebody that's dominant and a game changer right away. UK, Zona, Duke, KU, UNC, & now MSU get them. I want one soooo bad. It's IU, why can we not just get a stacked class(8, 30, 52, 70) and a surprise in the top 100. I'm not being reasonable, but honestly... I am jealous.

CuJo is great and I can't wait to have him, if he chooses us! But, he isn't Bridges... I just want somebody that's dominant and a game changer right away. UK, Zona, Duke, KU, UNC, & now MSU get them. I want one soooo bad. It's IU, why can we not just get a stacked class(8, 30, 52, 70) and a surprise in the top 100. I'm not being reasonable, but honestly... I am jealous.

You mean like the 2013 class (Vonleh, Fischer, Williams, and Robinson)?  Or maybe like the 2012 class (Yogi, Hollowell, ad Perea?  Bridges would be a game changer for us.  I believe CuJo and Davis would be not far behind if we landed MB.  What IU really needs is several classes with solid players that will work their backsides off and wait their turn with a stud or two in each class. 

Even the 5* we have got has not been game changers other than Zeller.  I am not planning for that.  Under Crean he is the only player that has stepped in and changed the dynamics of our team.  Others have been great role players, but nothing like Zeller.  I think we need to keep getting the high 4* like Troy and Yogi, and then let them develop.  Very few true game changers every year. 

Was Yogi not a 5 star?

Highest I think was Rivals at 19.  That was a 5*, but all others were 4* I believe.  Rivals also had Kris Dunn from the same class as a 5* at 16.  Unless you are top 5, you aren't guaranteed anything.  We all know who the top of the top are.  Those are game changers.  He ranged from there into the 30s. Noah Vonleh was a 5*.  He was the highest rated recruit Crean has got, but big difference between 5* and automatic game changer.  Noah Vonleh was a known project.  Yogi came in to the top ranked team in the country needing a pg to get Jordy off the ball.  Cody came in after multiple disappointing seasons, and put us in the Sweet 16. 

ESPN makes little sense how is a guy they rate at at 96 not a 5*? I wan under the impression the all McDonalds all-Americans were 5*. I need to pay more attention.

Like Thomas Bryant wasn't a 5* either. But Yogis class was weak on PG. That is part of the process for the burger boy game.

You mean like the 2013 class (Vonleh, Fischer, Williams, and Robinson)? Or maybe like the 2012 class (Yogi, Hollowell, ad Perea? Bridges would be a game changer for us. I believe CuJo and Davis would be not far behind if we landed MB. What IU really needs is several classes with solid players that will work their backsides off and wait their turn with a stud or two in each class.

the 2012 and 2013 class would've been great if they would've actually stayed, worked, not got in trouble. We need a class with the same form, not the same results. MDN, about the game changer-- that's my thought, we haven't had a Game changer since Cody! That's what MB is.

FWIW...(and it seems people that make these statements end up wrong, but who knows...)

Gregg Doyel 

Big-time coach just told me kid's going to Mich St. We'll see. UK has last visit. #iubb has Thomas Bryant connection https://twitter.com/IndyStarSports/status/643774684182519808 

FWIW...(and it seems people that make these statements end up wrong, but who knows...)

Gregg Doyel

@GreggDoyelStar

Big-time coach just told me kid's going to Mich St. We'll see. UK has last visit. #iubb has Thomas Bryant connection https://twitter.com/IndyStarSports/status/643774684182519808 …

Lol who is Doyle talking to really? You know it isn't the 3 coaches involved. Probable MSU but I highly doubt Doyle has the "inside" scoop.

I'm thinking it's Kentucky. If I'm Bridges I want to stop all of the people back home from constantly bugging him to pop for the Spartans. Moving the Kentucky visit sooner and announcing sooner puts an end to the hometown circus.