Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IU Hoosier41

OT: UK, Michigan St, Duke, Kansas

That was an amazing event put on. After watching those games, that very well could end up the Final four this season. I was very impressed with the freshman and how they played. The speed and level of play was outstanding this early in the season.

That Tournament of Champions thing, I'm pretty sure INdiana was approached to be a part of this right? Crean turned it down this year so Kansas got the invite for this season. That might be public info, or maybe someone told me that in private... (Whoops). Any way, I'm glad Crean said no this year, but I hope we participate in the future. Would love to attend that in Indianapolis next season with the Hoosiers a part of it. Would be good practice for our Final Four run to Indy!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I see no way IU isn't in this tournament next year in Indy. They should be the first team asked, if they haven't been already. It is exciting to think that IU is going to be on the level of those teams next year. They all looked extremely good. The 3 freshman, Parker, Randle, and Wiggins are the real deal 

I kept hearing that on the broadcast last night, "Wiggins has the highest ceiling". From what I saw, Parker looked like a bonafide superstar in the making. That one handed alley-oop was amazing, and his step back jumper, being 6 foot 8, is going to unstoppable when he perfects it. After watching all 3 play, granted its early and only one game, i'd put my money on Parker being the best of them all. Only time will tell.

IU wasn't approached about being in the tourney and they won't be in it next year. They all rotate who they play every year, a 3-year commitment, and you can't play someone from your own conference. The truth is, MSU is the premiere team of the BigTen for the past 15 years. 

Tough taking that loss on the chin last night but hey seasons young just got a gauge of where we need to be. Coach K will mold em for March I am SO EXCITED for Jabari Parker last night was his coming out party even though we took the L. Would be awesome to see IU in this tourney next year but they already have next years matchups set in Indy (UK vs KU, DUKE vs. MSU) Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I kept hearing that on the broadcast last night, "Wiggins has the highest ceiling". From what I saw, Parker looked like a bonafide superstar in the making. That one handed alley-oop was amazing, and his step back jumper, being 6 foot 8, is going to unstoppable when he perfects it. After watching all 3 play, granted its early and only one game, i'd put my money on Parker being the best of them all. Only time will tell.

That's kind of how I feel. If I had to bet my life on one right now I'd put it on Parker.

IU wasn't approached about being in the tourney and they won't be in it next year. They all rotate who they play every year, a 3-year commitment, and you can't play someone from your own conference. The truth is, MSU is the premiere team of the BigTen for the past 15 years.

Hmm... I thought this was with Calipari in Indy. Or is that a different game

I don't think Wiggins, is as good as advertised ( no, not basing this off one game). He plays lazy at times, stands around ALOT, isn't a very good shooter, average playmaking ability, and mostly straight line drives. I also think he will have to be a 2 guard in the NBA. I do think he'll be an all-star at some point in his career, I do not think he'll ever be a superstar like Lebron, KD, Kobe, Paul George, TMAC... 

I don't know if anyone else was but i'm pretty jealous of these teams. National television, 1,2,4,5. Indiana next year will be just as good, and I say we pair up with maybe Louisville, Florida, and Arizona, or UNC, but OK State won't be good next year. This is because You might agree but I would like to see IU compete against this type of competition.

I don't know if anyone else was but i'm pretty jealous of these teams. National television, 1,2,4,5. Indiana next year will be just as good, and I say we pair up with maybe Louisville, Florida, and Arizona, or UNC, but OK State won't be good next year. This is because You might agree but I would like to see IU compete against this type of competition.

Agree 100%. Hopefully something like that will happen

I like the traditions classic but it can't work out with LVILLE and UNC because next yr they will be in the same conference but maybe like G Town if they get good or Gonzaga or a mid major school but then it wouldn't be champions but it could be Florida assuming there on the right path up

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners