Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

Is there any indication that Christian will be hired at his school of choice or is that just conjecture?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe that’s against NCAA ru... hell they’ll probably send the check to the wrong damn address and it’ll end up at NCAA HQ. Markky Mark will call the school in question about the check. They’ll deny it and Markky Mark will let it go. Before they get off the phone they’ll ask Markky Mark to forward the check to the family and he’ll oblige.

Meanwhile, we’ll report a secondary violation for making a phone call to CWat, during a dead period, to talk about how he viewed his time at IU and what the program could do to excel in this time of ****.

(Apologies for the off topic post but I’m sick and ******* tired of the NCAA and their absolute corrupt “governing” of their member schools)

I don’t see T Wat at IU but I’ll definitely follow his career and hope that CWat rejoins the program in some facet. Loved me some “Easy like a Sunday morning.”

1 hour ago, RatpigHoosier said:

If we end up snagging him we’ll definitely need to make sure we always use the space bar.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good one Ratpig. And i love that name.

17 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Per Mike Schumann @ The Daily Hoosier- expecting Watford to commit to LSU this weekend

How can that be we looked for anything that could be a positive while ignoring all the signs. Lol

Not surprised. 

Watford never had a vested interest in IU. They paid courtesy to us due to their previous connection, but once it was realized T was going to be a top recruit the family knew which schools were shopping and which were just recruiting. They didn’t have that luxury with Christian.

48 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Watford never had a vested interest in IU. They paid courtesy to us due to their previous connection, but once it was realized T was going to be a top recruit the family knew which schools were shopping and which were just recruiting. They didn’t have that luxury with Christian.

Sadly, this appears to be accurate

Wow, shouldn't be surprising but it still is surprising.  Who, in their right mind, picks LSU right now?  Gross.  

Brings me to the point that Ive made for years.  These players and their families specifically feel that their child deserves the money/perks that they get and NCAA be damned.  

The recruiting services help legitimize the marketplace for recruits and their value.  

Wow, shouldn't be surprising but it still is surprising.  Who, in their right mind, picks LSU right now?  Gross.  

Brings me to the point that Ive made for years.  These players and their families specifically feel that their child deserves the money/perks that they get and NCAA be damned.  

The recruiting services help legitimize the marketplace for recruits and their value.  

I’m not against kids and their families trying to get what they think they’re worth. I’m against the system that doesn’t give two shits about an even playing field or amateurism as long as they get their $$$. **** the NCAA.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’m not against kids and their families trying to get what they think they’re worth. I’m against the system that doesn’t give two shits about an even playing field or amateurism as long as they get their $$$. **** the NCAA.

College basketball (and football) isn’t amateurism, at semipro. Anyone who hasn’t realized this has been fooling themselves. It’s why I don’t care if Archie plays the game. We are in it for Les, so we are playing. Just not sure to what degree we are playing yet. 

21 minutes ago, Feathery said:

College basketball (and football) isn’t amateurism, at semipro. Anyone who hasn’t realized this has been fooling themselves. It’s why I don’t care if Archie plays the game. We are in it for Les, so we are playing. Just not sure to what degree we are playing yet. 

Yeah, no program is 'clean'.  Just varying degrees of dirty.