Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

I have no “inside” knowledge from anyone but if Hurt does not go to Duke I’ll bet that Watford goes there.  The drive is only a hour further than IU and a number of the ACC road games are closer.  Coach K, Cameroon Indoor, their relevancy, etc will be quite a draw.

Memphis seems to have lost their luster. 

That being said......would love it if we landed him.

The interest on Watfords part has picked up in wake of what has happened to Alabama and LSU. I also think Mike Miller possibly going to UNLV is playing a part as well. This isn’t a dead recruitment anymore according to multiple message board insiders and peegs. Also it sounds like Watford and TJD have been talking a lot at the MCDAA events this week.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Well, let's just put it out there.

LSU is fallen back because of the Wade situation.

Alabama firing Johnson doesn't help but don't count them out if they hire Steve Prohm and he hires TW high school coach

Memphis is good unless Miller takes the UNLV job.

Duke hasn't offered yet but I think they like Hurt better and I believe he announces before TW.

That brings us to IU. I was surprised to hear that both sides are back to talking and there is mutual interest. 

Yes, Prohm and the HS coach at AL could change things real quick as would Hurt turning down Duke.. Will be very, very interesting for us if neither of those things happen.

Also just for fun, I have a hard time not starting Green after he has been our leading scorer in the last 4 games or so. But that's me just nitpicking. Great lineup and bench either way

Any thoughts on Green's locker room impact recently? I know you had been very critical of him, so wondering if you've heard more promising things recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say I have not heard anything negative recently and I'm on board with him "leading" us next year. Not sure if it's an attitude change or just making some changes in his life but he is locked in

It looks to me like he finally bought into playing off the ball and letting Rob be the facilitator of the offense. He also seems like he has bought into being a 3 and D 2 guard as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app