Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

There are only like 4 or 5 guys in the ESPN 100 6’9 or taller and the only top 50 one is Hurt. He is also the only one IU has had any connection to that has been made public. Also I’ve never seen anyone say that the big fish recruit was a big so you must have heard the rumor from somewhere other than where I saw it unless that was when they still thought it was Stewart which it clearly isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I stand corrected in the top 100
PF #6 McDaniels is 6’10 185
PF #10 Hurt 6’8 214
PF #16 Achiuwa 6’8 210
PF #22 Watford 6’8 210
C #54 Marial 7’1 220
C #73 Mitchell 6’9 250
C #74 Lewis 6’9 250

I don't possess any info that anyone else doesn't have...but I also think there is more to Watford/Indiana than is being bandied around on the prediction circuits. Why would he go to LSU? Not sure...Alabama? It's home? He stated IU is like a second home, so that favors IU in regards to anywhere not Bama....Memphis? Wiseman and other top recruit there apparently trying to get him to commit to play with them and be a special team. The tigers appear to be the favorite among online prognosticators...Watford has yet to have his official visit to IU. Hoosiers certainly aren't putting a desirable product on the floor of late, so that sucks and doesn't help. But, I truly believe IU's relationship with the Watfords, the campus and culture of IU, and TJD are all things in our favor.

We shall see...Watford and Keion know it would be epic if they teamed up with TJD at IU. Come on now, that would be ridiculous. They would dominate the B1G.

I still think there is hope for a Watford/Brooks/TJD class...call me crazy, I know.

I don't possess any info that anyone else doesn't have...but I also think there is more to Watford/Indiana than is being bandied around on the prediction circuits. Why would he go to LSU? Not sure...Alabama? It's home? He stated IU is like a second home, so that favors IU in regards to anywhere not Bama....Memphis? Wiseman and other top recruit there apparently trying to get him to commit to play with them and be a special team. The tigers appear to be the favorite among online prognosticators...Watford has yet to have his official visit to IU. Hoosiers certainly aren't putting a desirable product on the floor of late, so that sucks and doesn't help. But, I truly believe IU's relationship with the Watfords, the campus and culture of IU, and TJD are all things in our favor.
We shall see...Watford and Keion know it would be epic if they teamed up with TJD at IU. Come on now, that would be ridiculous. They would dominate the B1G.
I still think there is hope for a Watford/Brooks/TJD class...call me crazy, I know.

Man I appreciate your optimism... but at this point, I’m not sure we even have Brooks. My opinion is not from inside sources, it’s just the fact that Brooks is still waiting to decide and we keep tanking.

Free Jake!!

IU stunk it up last year and Romeo and Jerome Hunter still committed. I think IU's campus, the culture, the IU family and the familiarity that Brooks and Watford both have with IU trumps the W/L record they see. If Brooks or Watford go elsewhere I doubt it will be because IU just looked terrible on the court. It will be for other reasons- other coach, other player relationships, nba connections, etc...

2 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve said all along that if IU truly wants Watford, they will get him. A class of Franklin, Keion, Watford and TJD would be awesome

The question is... does Watford truly want IU?  

I’ve said all along that if IU truly wants Watford, they will get him. A class of Franklin, Keion, Watford and TJD would be awesome

TW doesn’t want IU right now and that’s the problem. His dad does want IU but they are leaving the decision up to TW.

Jerry on 247 and one or two others trending for LSU.

Don’t understand how some of these guys (coaches) are so easily able to convince high profile kids and especially their parents to choose them - when they have high risk of penalties due to fbi investigation and ncaa follow up.

Trendon's regular season ended about 2 weeks ago and the team has advanced in the Alabama state finals.  They've won a couple of games but I haven't been able to find any detailed stats on Trendon's game.  They played earlier today and here's the highlights.  If you want to read the full game article that link is at the bottom.

Mountain Brook (28-3) is the two time defending 7A state champion.  They won today over James Clemons 62 - 40.  Watford finished with 13 points, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 steals.   Mountain Brook will return to Wallace State next Tuesday at 10:45 a.m., to play the winner between Florence and Vestavia Hills in the regional final.

https://www.villagelivingonline.com/sports/mountain-brook-james-clemens-basketball-recap-021419/

The two-time defending state champions Mountain Brook raced to a 21-4 first-quarter lead en route to a convincing 57-36 win over Vestavia Hills for the Northwest Regional title.  Top-ranked Mountain Brook (29-3) advances to play Lee-Montgomery in the state semifinals at 10:30 a.m. on Feb. 28.  This will be the 6th time in years Mountain Brook has advanced to the Alabama state finals.   Watford had 21 points, six rebounds and three blocks.