Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

15 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Yeah, this seems concerning.  It could be a number of scenarios...Trendon is willing to go to Memphis if Hurt does...Trendon isn't sure where he will fit in at Indiana with others being recruited...Trendon likes Memphis more than any other and he and Hurt have been considering playing together.  This read makes me think Hurt, too, is a Memphis lean.

We shall see.  So much can change in a young kid's mind, but that quote from Hurt...hurts.

1 hour ago, ray said:

Yeah, this seems concerning.  It could be a number of scenarios...Trendon is willing to go to Memphis if Hurt does...Trendon isn't sure where he will fit in at Indiana with others being recruited...Trendon likes Memphis more than any other and he and Hurt have been considering playing together.  This read makes me think Hurt, too, is a Memphis lean.

We shall see.  So much can change in a young kid's mind, but that quote from Hurt...hurts.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Memphis doesn't end up with either one so keep track of this post and you can make me eat crow if Memphis does get either one.  

I don't believe there will be much clarity in Trendon's recruitment until he (presumably) visits IU. 

I have no inside information, but let's just take a look at this from a logical standpoint. His brother is in the Top 10 of points scored in IU history and was a Big Ten champion while being remembered for one of the more iconic shots in program history. By all accounts, his family loved their experience in Bloomington. You can even see Trendon in the stands behind the basket of the Wat-Shot picture. The Watford family knows what basketball means in Bloomington. He knows how special it can be and the heights it can reach. I would guess he understands the lore and tradition of IU basketball better than most in-state kids do. I do not believe for one second that IU does not have a special meaning to him. That HAS to be a strong feeling and a major sell for IU in this recruitment.

So will he come here? I don't know. But what we do know is that Archie had TWO in-homes with the family during the Spring that supposedly went very well. He has visited several other schools, thus winds may seemingly be blowing favorably in their direction at this point. Admittedly, the Brian Snow prediction caught me a bit off guard because he's more reliable. However, let's see what the vibe is after he (presumably) visits IU.

I really believe that while IU may not be THE favorite in this recruitment, it's going to run through us one way or another. Now that is pure speculation on my part. The question is... how bad does Archie want him? More than Keion Brooks? Who knows? But if he visits us here and Archie shows him to be a HIGH priority, I think you'll hear plenty of pro-IU vibes like you have heard about Alabama and now Memphis.

That's just a guess, but one I feel strongly about. If IU really wants Trendon, they're not gonna let him go elsewhere without a big fight. If Archie really, REALLY wants Watford, I think he'll be a Hoosier.

35 minutes ago, GnarlyTimGarl said:

I don't believe there will be much clarity in Trendon's recruitment until he (presumably) visits IU. 

I have no inside information, but let's just take a look at this from a logical standpoint. His brother is in the Top 10 of points scored in IU history and was a Big Ten champion while being remembered for one of the more iconic shots in program history. By all accounts, his family loved their experience in Bloomington. You can even see Trendon in the stands behind the basket of the Wat-Shot picture. The Watford family knows what basketball means in Bloomington. He knows how special it can be and the heights it can reach. I would guess he understands the lore and tradition of IU basketball better than most in-state kids do. I do not believe for one second that IU does not have a special meaning to him. That HAS to be a strong feeling and a major sell for IU in this recruitment.

So will he come here? I don't know. But what we do know is that Archie had TWO in-homes with the family during the Spring that supposedly went very well. He has visited several other schools, thus winds may seemingly be blowing favorably in their direction at this point. Admittedly, the Brian Snow prediction caught me a bit off guard because he's more reliable. However, let's see what the vibe is after he (presumably) visits IU.

I really believe that while IU may not be THE favorite in this recruitment, it's going to run through us one way or another. Now that is pure speculation on my part. The question is... how bad does Archie want him? More than Keion Brooks? Who knows? But if he visits us here and Archie shows him to be a HIGH priority, I think you'll hear plenty of pro-IU vibes like you have heard about Alabama and now Memphis.

That's just a guess, but one I feel strongly about. If IU really wants Trendon, they're not gonna let him go elsewhere without a big fight. If Archie really, REALLY wants Watford, I think he'll be a Hoosier.

Great post. However, I think that if Trendon doesn't want to follow in his brother's footsteps he will go elsewhere. There's only so much a staff can do to sell their school. With that being said, I believe we're in his top 3.

If in fact he is recruiting other players to another school like Hurt mentions; we should be putting in resources elsewhere. I have no reason to not believe Hurt who just happens to be another player we are going hard after. As someone already mentioned, I believe this ship has sailed. Proof is in the pudding as an old timer would also say. The staff had backed off before until Trendon wanted to be recruited which Archie and staff did. We haven’t been out worked; I just don’t believe he truly wants to come here. This reminds me of the Garland recruitment all over.

6 minutes ago, schoosier said:

If in fact he is recruiting other players to another school like Hurt mentions; we should be putting in resources elsewhere. I have no reason to not believe Hurt who just happens to be another player we are going hard after. As someone already mentioned, I believe this ship has sailed. Proof is in the pudding as an old timer would also say. The staff had backed off before until Trendon wanted to be recruited which Archie and staff did. We haven’t been out worked; I just don’t believe he truly wants to come here. This reminds me of the Garland recruitment all over.

He's just not that in to us....

17 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Rumors that the recruitment was dirty then Memphis gets involved hmm....................

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm going out on a limb and saying Memphis doesn't end up with either one so keep track of this post and you can make me eat crow if Memphis does get either one.  

I agree with you, but why would Hurt mention Watford is trying to recruit him to Memphis?  I was merely reacting to the article and what Hurt said.  Seems odd, especially if there is no legitimate reason for him to mention such things.  

2 minutes ago, ray said:

I agree with you, but why would Hurt mention Watford is trying to recruit him to Memphis?  I was merely reacting to the article and what Hurt said.  Seems odd, especially if there is no legitimate reason for him to mention such things.  

IMO 17-year old kids caught up in the excitement and drama of being courted by the cream of the NCAA crop of basketball nobility.  Similar to virtually every year when we hear of "package deals" because 2 recruits want to play together and rarely does it actually happen (right Darius?).

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO 17-year old kids caught up in the excitement and drama of being courted by the cream of the NCAA crop of basketball nobility.  Similar to virtually every year when we hear of "package deals" because 2 recruits want to play together and rarely does it actually happen (right Darius?).

Agreed, because when they actually think about what that means in terms of sharing the spotlight, then the package loses its luster. Highly ranked kids want to be the focal point where they go which allows them to showcase their talents for the next level. I'm sure Langford saw the glaring hole IU had at his position and knew he would be "the man". While we want to think it's about IU, it's more likely about opportunity. Such is the nature of the game these days.