Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

I think it’s a whole lot different than you or I just not eating that extra chocolate or not evading taxes, but I hear you.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, life altering money in many circumstances. Bagleys recent story/rumors paints the picture.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It really doesn't matter because it's been going on forever.  Larry Brown conveniently hired Danny Manning's dad in 1983.  He had basketball experience but was he really qualified for a D1 coaching position,  I really don't know.
Bob Knight conveniently hired Bob Donewald the high school coach of John Laskowski and Tom Abernethy and later hired Ron Felling, Marty Simmons' high school coach.  Both Donewald and Simmons had been high school coaches for quite some time but..........!      I know there's many more examples but those are the ones that I always think of when this kind of discussion arises.   It's just so much more evident in today's environment with the internet and social media.  40-years ago, news of IU hiring Donewald as an assistant coach probably didn't go much further than the the South Bend Tribune, Indy Star and the IU Alumni Magazine.

Felling was good at recruiting in HS!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not looking for a leg up on other schools, I just want a level playing field. Our program was decimated because of phone calls while UNC skates after years of fake classes. Watching these others schools cheat like crazy year in and year out and reap the rewards of it sucks. 
That doesn't mean we stoop to their level.

40 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

That doesn't mean we stoop to their level.

It's like if you're taking a curved exam, half the class is cheating on it, and you know the teacher likely won't punish them. Their cheating negatively affects your grade. Sure, you could still do things the right way, but you're only hurting yourself. An A isn't impossible but it's much harder when the other kids are cheating with the book and you're not. 

It's like if you're taking a curved exam, half the class is cheating on it, and you know the teacher likely won't punish them. Their cheating negatively affects your grade. Sure, you could still do things the right way, but you're only hurting yourself. An A isn't impossible but it's much harder when the other kids are cheating with the book and you're not. 
I still wouldn't stoop to their level. It's called integrity.

Do you really believe that those are the only two basketball outcomes and choices?
Villanova is poised to win their second title in three years without the slightest hint of stink.
Moreover, in my opinion people who think that success in life is appropriate at any cost, including sacrificing one's integrity, invariably end up learning some hard lessons about the true definition of success. That's sounds like a platitude, but it's not. It's a hard truth that many learn with age, maturity, and perspective.
Well said

Do you really believe that those are the only two basketball outcomes and choices?
Villanova is poised to win their second title in three years without the slightest hint of stink.
Moreover, in my opinion people who think that success in life is appropriate at any cost, including sacrificing one's integrity, invariably end up learning some hard lessons about the true definition of success. That's sounds like a platitude, but it's not. It's a hard truth that many learn with age, maturity, and perspective.

Brunson’s recruitment was pretty sketchy if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lol the guy that asked the question will understand what I wrote . But I am from a small town called Teutopolis. Our school nickname is the Wooden Shoes.

Nothing to do with watford but I happen to believe we can field a team with 4* and win a national championship! And build a dynasty again. With that said I also think we have the coach to do it! Jmo. And if you don’t like my opinion , well you don’t know much about basketball and team play.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Well in that case I like your opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app