Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Deer / Animal Hunters

Well the kids and I made it back from our first hunting weekend of the fall.  Saw a lot of deer, but no shots.  I was really hopeful Saturday night.  I had a nice doe come in and bed down about 35 yards from me.  If it had gone another 5 yards, it would have been clear.  Oh well, that is one of the things that I love about bow hunting.

No hunting this weekend, so I took the kids to the range to practice for the gun season.. I also had to zero in the new shotgun I bought.  I think I'm ready for the gun season, now as well.  

If you are looking for an accurate slug gun.  I would have to give a plug for Savage.  I bought the 220, and at 150 yards it is just as accurate as many of the rifles I own.  I did have one flyer out of the 10 shots though.  [attachment=1283:target.jpg]

Just got back from 5 days in Missouri.  I didn't have any luck, but still a fun time.  WI gun season starts this weekend.  Get another 3 days hunting up here, then back home to Indiana for my annual Thanksgiving Weekend hunt.  Hopefully the Indiana Hunt will also be capped with another bucket victory.  Got my tickets today!

That you? Good lord.

No, not me. I would have every hunting item I own in the pic and I would sound like a NASCAR driver. The Reconyx H600 trail cam put me on this beast. My Summit Titan tree stand was in the perfect spot over looking the Biologic All Legume food plot. The Code Blue doe estrus was like a potpourri in the air. I bleated three times with my Primos doe bleat can. I then hit my Knight n' Hale rattle call and grunted with my M.A.D. deer call. They came from everywhere but they didn't have a chance. I was wearing Scentblocker Realtree camo, they couldn't smell or see me. The Thompson Center Triumph .50 Cal Muzzleloader dropped him right where he stood.

[attachment=1386:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1416524350.130889.jpg]

Haven't had any luck in Fulton County so far this year, too much standing corn still, so irritating. Have barely seen anything at all, except for a couple real nice bucks on the trail cam. All at night though.

I sat in a standing corn field last night and seen 12. On windy days I like to sit in standing corn.