Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) SG Prince Ali to UCLA

If you knew me, you'd know your statements apply to things in my life that I have the ability to impact such as my relationships, work and community. When I fail there, I work harder and change and become better. When IUBB fails, I have no control over that. So I keep cheering for them, and hope that the people in charge work just as hard and make the changes that need to be made. Fans are just cheerleaders. We have no impact on who wins or loses, but it's our job to cheer on the team and be positive. Just my opinion. Believe me, I still have frustrations with the program. I just chose to focus on the positives. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I cheer the team no matter what as well. The reason these type of forums exist in the first place is to critically discuss the actions of our favorite team. Both positive and negative aspects. In the face of the team, as a crowd member I am 100% positive. However, these forums allow me to discuss the programs deficiencies as well. You have seen me post for a while. I am not always negative or always positive. However, you recently try to argue with any "negative" comment I make.

The starting point was UCLA is on fire and they are killing us in recruiting. EVERYONE agrees with this statement of fact BUT you. Since you isolate yourself in this matter, I take it personally!

Bottom line, our expectation as fans SHOULD be to compete and equal schools like UCLA/Louisville in recruiting and on court results!

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="79055" timestamp="1408282946"]I cheer the team no matter what as well. The reason these type of forums exist in the first place is to critically discuss the actions of our favorite team. Both positive and negative aspects. In the face of the team, as a crowd member I am 100% positive. However, these forums allow me to discuss the programs deficiencies as well. You have seen me post for a while. I am not always negative or always positive. However, you recently try to argue with any "negative" comment I make. The starting point was UCLA is on fire and they are killing us in recruiting. EVERYONE agrees with this statement of fact BUT you. Since you isolate yourself in this matter, I take it personally! Bottom line, our expectation as fans SHOULD be to compete and equal schools like UCLA/Louisville in recruiting and on court results![/quote] Take a look at your recent posts regarding recruiting. I always thought you were well balanced, but recently it's gone way negative. It's become less discussion, and more about how low the program has sank. I told you, if you're talking head to head recruiting, I want to hear why you think that. I said I agree if you're talking about recruiting in general; they are smoking everybody. I don't understand why you are taking it personally. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Don't mess with Coach! :)

Everyone is different, which is why we try to be lenient. As long as it's civil, game on.

I'm sometimes a sunshine pumper, but it just depends. I like to say I'm a mix lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I always thought you were well balanced, but recently it's gone way negative.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Wouldn't you say that mirrors our recruiting achievements post Blackmon to a T!!!!!!!!!

My posts reflect our Programs momentum directly.

Some recognize this, others pretend not to see it or care!

Fortunately, we still have some supreme talent leftover from past recruiting successes. I want it to continue.

Is that too much to ask?

As far as the personal thing, you seem to go out of your way, as you did in response to my UCLA comment to argue simple facts. No one else does this directly.

It's not just the UCLA remark, it's been a trend all season, and that's why it's considered personal.

It's never been an attack per se, just a constant effort to discount any negative aspect of IUBB specifically brought up by me.

I said I agree if you're talking about recruiting in general; they are smoking everybody.

No they aren't smoking EVERYBODY. They aren't smoking Arizona, Ohio State, UNC, UK, Kansas, Duke, Florida, Louisville, Syracuse, etc........

Again, you wants facts, there they are.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="79067" timestamp="1408289438"]No they aren't smoking EVERYBODY. They aren't smoking Arizona, Ohio State, UNC, UK, Kansas, Duke, Florida, Louisville, Syracuse, etc........ Again, you wants facts, there they are.[/quote] You've presented zero facts... According to 247, since 2012, their recruiting classes have been ranked first, twelfth, and seventh, and are currently projected as the seventh best class for 2015. They have had some of the best recruiting success in the country. Those are facts. My issues with your original comment was that you decided to bring up how UCLA is smoking IU in recruiting. My point was that we don't seem to compete for recruits very often. I decided to argue it because of the constant stream of negativity regarding our recruiting. A lot of it is substantiated, but I don't agree with statements like the one you made. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Convenient to go back to 2012 huh? When was Alford hired????? Not fair to use data from 2 different coaching regimes. Recruiting class rankings don't tell the whole story of recruiting momentum. IU 2014 started with a major bang and ended with a definite fizzle. Class rankings don't tell that story. UCLA since Alford, has been smoking us in recruiting in the general national landscape (forget this head to head nonsense)

And I was absolutely thrilled with IU recruiting up until recent developments. Post Blackmon recommitment is when my mind changed regarding IUs recruiting momentum.

All it would take is signing 1 PRIMARY recruiting target. If and when that happens, I'll be on the OBLIVIOUS train again.
That does not include Juwan Morgan and Shake Milton who are secondary or even tertiary options.

Would I be happy with those 2? Absolutely, but will it convince me we are back rolling again? No!

Fair?

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="79079" timestamp="1408293573"]Convenient to go back to 2012 huh? When was Alford hired????? Not fair to use data from 2 different coaching regimes. Recruiting class rankings don't tell the whole story of recruiting momentum. IU 2014 started with a major bang and ended with a definite fizzle. Class rankings don't tell that story. UCLA since Alford, has been smoking us in recruiting in the general national landscape (forget this head to head nonsense) And I was absolutely thrilled with IU recruiting up until recent developments. Post Blackmon recommitment is when my mind changed regarding IUs recruiting momentum. All it would take is signing 1 PRIMARY recruiting target. If and when that happens, I'll be on the OBLIVIOUS train again. That does not include Juwan Morgan and Shake Milton who are secondary or even tertiary options. Would I be happy with those 2? Absolutely, but will it convince me we are back rolling again? No! Fair?[/quote] I was just trying to provide recent data. You realize that 2015 recruitment is just hitting the point where dominoes start to fall right? We have an awesome bunch of kids in 2014. Hopefully our success this season will show that this recruiting class is a strong one. The fact that you're trying to discount Juwan Morgan and Shake Milton shows how negative you've become. Accusing someone like me of being oblivious is ridiculous. I'm excited to see what we end up with in our 2015 class come next summer when it's all actually finalized. Let's have some perspective on the situation, it really isn't that bad. JSHoosier has talked about other issues such as Crean's substitution style and in game coaching which are much more concerning than our recruiting. We are going to sign a big name. Look at who's left for 2015. It's not all doom and gloom. If Crean has proven one thing, it's that he can convince top talent to play for him. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

You like twisting things don't you? I said I will be happy with Shake or Juwan but they are second or even tertiary options. I like them and I said that. It's in print, go back and read it if you'd like.

I have been critical of Creans substitution patterns early too. But currently it's the off season, so recruiting is the topic at hand. When the season resumes, we and I will evaluate the job Crean is doing as a coach.

This is my last post on the topic. Feel free to reply and say your peace.

Please be honest with yourself for minute, are you honestly happy with Priller and April?

If so, we will never agree.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="79091" timestamp="1408296963"]You like twisting things don't you? I said I will be happy with Shake or Juwan but they are second or even tertiary options. I like them and I said that. It's in print, go back and read it if you'd like.

I have been critical of Creans substitution patterns early too. But currently it's the off season, so recruiting is the topic at hand. When the season resumes, we and I will evaluate the job Crean is doing as a coach.

This is my last post on the topic. Feel free to reply and say your peace.

Please be honest with yourself for minute, are you honestly happy with Priller and April?

If so, we will never agree.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Hard to believe top 100 recruits can be secondary and tertiary options. Seems to me that unless Crean brings in all 5 stars you won't consider our recruiting to be back up to par.

I'll be happy if they prove themselves, but there wasn't much left when we did sign them. I've said as much many other times.