Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Cody Zeller - New Orleans Pelicans

VO can rely on his athleticism to help spur his game. It will take Cody a little longer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Obviously it will take some time he just needs to get a little more comfortable.

How appropriate that the city that started Indiana high school basketball has now launched former Indiana University basketball star and NBA player Cody Zeller into television advertising.

A new commercial for York Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram that features the NBA rookie and the Crawfordsville dealership’s senior sales consultant, Ron Brown, is set to air soon on the local Comcast channel. The commercial also may be seen in the Indianapolis, Bloomington and Lafayette markets.

Brown said making the commercials, which were filmed at York’s Greencastle store, was a lot of fun.

“It really was a neat experience,” Brown said. “We had a blast, and Cody is as common as anyone from a small town.”

Brown has been an IU basketball fan for as long as he can remember. He was impressed with what he learned about Zeller during the taping.

“At first you could tell we both were a little nervous,” Brown said. “I really did not know what to expect out of a basketball star. We get caught up seeing these kids on television playing in the big game and we forget how young they are. He could have easily been any of our kids from Montgomery County. It was neat for me to see him be just a normal guy.”

The commercials feature Zeller and Brown giving a pitch for the auto dealership. There were multiple scripts because the commercials are a series that will air all year long.

The obvious difference in height between Zeller and Brown is something viewers will notice right away.

“Cody is 7-1, and I am 5-1. Yeah, that is a whole two feet,” Brown said. “That visual effect is a big part of our commercials.”

Brown thought Zeller was hesitant at first to acknowledge the height difference.

“I could tell Cody felt a little awkward about my height,” Brown said. “But I just joked with him and said I have always been vertically challenged. Cody just laughed and became relaxed and we went to work.”

Brown was not the only York employee filmed with Zeller.

“We have other employees who filmed some scenes with Cody,” Brown said. “Since the commercials are seasonal, you will see Cody with guys from sales, the service department and others from both stores.”

Nick York, one of the owners of the car dealership, is an alumnus of Indiana University. He had the opportunity to meet Zeller and his family who are from Washington, a small town in southern Indiana.

“The Zeller family own their own business, and they stress family,” York said. “They run a wholesome business and represent what we believe in.”

After Zeller was drafted and signed by the Charlotte Bobcats, he ordered a Dodge Charger from the local dealership.

Since the filming Zeller has proven to be in demand by national companies. He recently signed an agreement with Nike to promote Michael Jordan’s brand of popular shoe and athletic gear

http://www.journalreview.com/news/article_4aff7c40-434e-11e3-96f0-0019bb2963f4.html