Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Cody Zeller - New Orleans Pelicans

On 10/6/2018 at 9:39 AM, Joe DeLow said:

He will be gone soon too. Hornets will miss the playoffs again so they will be in the lottery. But I don’t think MJ has the balls to trade away players like Danny Ainge and get picks back. Danny Ainge went straight NBA 2K on everyone and it is working. MJ should try it... but let someone else pick the players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree MJ hasn't done well in the lottery and I agree that someone should other than MJ should be picking players and eventually he will have to do some Danny Ainge type trades it may not be easy but sometimes you have to do it if you want to get to the playoffs.

Just now, Joe DeLow said:

They only have a few pieces really worth keeping for an overhaul. Monk and Bridges would be the main two. Zeller would of course get traded to somewhere. They are paying Batum 24 million, Biyombo, 17 million, Williams 14 million, Zeller 13.5 million, MKG 13 million and Kemba 12 million this season. 93.5 million in those 6 players. That might be the worst $90 million group in the NBA.

Yeah that doesn't make sense to me and is a complete waste of money I do agree Monk and Bridges are worth keeping not so sure about everybody else.

2 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

The good thing for them is that a healthy Cody has late first round pick trade value and a guy that fits in on basically every team in the league because he has such a high IQ and understanding of a role given to him. He’s definitely not a locker room cancer by any means. I’ve never heard anything bad about him from any player.

The thing for Cody is can he stay healthy all season long what surprises me is how he managed to stay healthy at IU and then got in the league and started to have problems but then I was surprised at how high he actually went because the drat boards didn't have him that high.

Edited by OliviaPope40

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

I had him going to OKC where Adams went. My mom actually guessed he was going 4th right before the pick. That entire draft was basically picking role players at the time. Vic and Giannis have emerged as stars though. A draft class that was so criticized that it’s become underrated.

That's where a lot of draft boards had Cody from what I saw. Vic has done well even though he had a rough start. 

Really nice article about Cody with this great line:  "If every other Hornets player did his job as efficiently and unselfishly as Zeller does his, we wouldn’t be wondering if this team makes the playoffs."

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article223907310.html

Dad just keeping his son humble.  lol

Cody Zeller‏Verified account @CodyZeller

I’m finally home for the first time in 2 years! My dad greeted me in the kitchen this morning and said “there’s 50 bags of mulch being delivered today and the lawn needs mowed!” Welcome home!