Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Cody Zeller - New Orleans Pelicans

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Charlotte Hornets center Cody Zeller will undergo surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee on Tuesday, league sources tell ESPN. He's expected to miss six weeks.
@wojespn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He has had bad luck on injuries this is his second surgery. 

Charlotte Hornets‏Verified account 

"It feels good to be able to practice today. It feels good just to play basketball again. It's been a lot of rehab over the past six weeks. It feels good to be back with my teammates and play basketball a little bit." - @CodyZeller after his first day of non-contact work

11 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Charlotte Hornets‏Verified account 

"It feels good to be able to practice today. It feels good just to play basketball again. It's been a lot of rehab over the past six weeks. It feels good to be back with my teammates and play basketball a little bit." - @CodyZeller after his first day of non-contact work

About time he got healthy again.

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer - Cody Zeller (knee surgery) has been cleared for contact, so it’s conceivable he could be activated Wednesday in Atlanta or Friday at home.

Good to know and hope he can come back and not get hurt again.

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rabjohns - Cody Zeller, out since Dec. 6 following ankle surgery, has been upgraded to probable for Charlotte's Friday home game vs. the Indiana Pacers.

Oladipo vs Zeller. Wish that had happened in Monday when game was in Indy.

Ronald Nored who coached Brooklyn's G-League team this past season has been hired as an assistant coach on new Hornets head coach James Borrego's staff.  Cody tweeted the following:  I almost went to Butler so I could play alongside Ron! He’s a guy that I wanted to go to battle with every night. I finally get the chance to in Charlotte! Welcome

39 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I would LOVE for the Pacers to get Zeller too. He’s been grossly underused.

I think he'll have a career season if he can stay healthy. I'm glad they got rid of Dwight and I don't see Biyombo overtaking him for the starting C spot.

12 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I think he'll have a career season if he can stay healthy. I'm glad they got rid of Dwight and I don't see Biyombo overtaking him for the starting C spot.

I think Hernangomez will be their #2 C, they seem to like him. I don't think Kaminsky will get the same minutes he has in the past either. 

I would LOVE for the Pacers to get Zeller too. He’s been grossly underused.

Unfortunately Cody is a likely downgrade from Turner or Sabonis, and it would be very difficult for him to share the floor with either. I think he’s an underrated player in the NBA, but I’m not sure he’s a good fit on the Pacers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app