Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

On 11/28/2020 at 10:19 AM, mamasa said:

I’m going to Scotland, England, Germany and Switzerland this summer. Very excited to try the Scotch and beer!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The Scotland beer isn't what I thought it would be.  I ended up drinking German Hefe while I was there. LOL!  Have fun!  Both Glasgow and Edinburgh were awesome!

Currently on a Quaff On! Brewing Co. 6 Foot Strawberry Blonde kick.  It reminds me a lot of the Long Beach, California's Belmont Brewing Company Strawberry Blonde
Other go to brews:
Upland Two of Tarts
Guinness Draught
Paulaner Hefe
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Dogfish Head beers.
SeaQuench
American Beauty
Namaste

I'm sure I'm missing others.  Both Quaff On! and Upland or 812 Bloomington brewed.  So I tend to favor those brewers over others.  But not married to them so to speak.  I tend to change up based on season. 

I usually have a sixer of any one of these locked and loaded in the beverage fridge.  

Nice!

I’m a big fan of Kona Brewing Co., love a lot of their beers. Will have to look up how to spell some of their different kinds, but like their Big Wave. I’m more of a lager and wheat beer kind of guy. One of my go-to’s is Goose Island 312. I will have to go through my beer app to see what all I’ve tried recently.

If I’m eating Mexican, I’m a huge fan of Pacifico. For Sushi, Sapporo Premium Beer is where it’s at! Love that beer!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Nice!

I’m a big fan of Kona Brewing Co., love a lot of their beers. Will have to look up how to spell some of their different kinds, but like their Big Wave. I’m more of a lager and wheat beer kind of guy. One of my go-to’s is Goose Island 312. I will have to go through my beer app to see what all I’ve tried recently.

If I’m eating Mexican, I’m a huge fan of Pacifico. For Sushi, Sapporo Premium Beer is where it’s at! Love that beer!

Long Board and Big Wave are both pretty solid.  Hanalei and Castaway IPAs are good, Fire Rock Pale Ale is good too.  Pipeline Porter isn't that great.  If you're ever on Oahu, venture out to Hawaii Kai to their restaurant and microbrewery.  They have really good stuff there.

Sapporo isn't bad but Asahi Super Dry is my Japanese go to, Kirin gets the job done too.

Long Board and Big Wave are both pretty solid.  Hanalei and Castaway IPAs are good, Fire Rock Pale Ale is good too.  Pipeline Porter isn't that great.  If you're ever on Oahu, venture out to Hawaii Kai to their restaurant and microbrewery.  They have really good stuff there.
Sapporo isn't bad but Asahi Super Dry is my Japanese go to, Kirin gets the job done too.

I’m not an IPA fan and I agree, the Pipeline Porter wasn’t very good. I didn’t mind the Lemongrass Luau, just left a fairly sharp lemon taste on the tongue. Their wheat ale and blonde ale are pretty good too.

Here’s a question for everyone, if you have to drink a mass produced beer (Bud, Miller, Coors, Busch, etc.), what would it be?

I can’t stand Bud Light and Coors light, just not my preferred taste. I prefer Busch Light over Bud Light.

My go to is Miller Lite, even though I don’t drink it all that often anymore. When the in-laws come over to help with house projects, it’s Miller Lite time all day long lol. Don’t mind a Sam Adams Boston Lager though!

11 hours ago, mamasa said:

Flying into Edinburgh (or Glasgow if cheaper at the time), staying a couple of days. Driving to London, flying to Berlin then basically driving an “S” to the south- Düsseldorf, Hanover, Cologne, Frankfort, Nuremberg, Munich, Dachau, then Zurich (flying out of there). Daughter will be studying in Sterling, Scotland and we’re bringing her home emoji846.png

DM me

11 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Here’s a question for everyone, if you have to drink a mass produced beer (Bud, Miller, Coors, Busch, etc.), what would it be?

I can’t stand Bud Light and Coors light, just not my preferred taste. I prefer Busch Light over Bud Light.

My go to is Miller Lite, even though I don’t drink it all that often anymore. When the in-laws come over to help with house projects, it’s Miller Lite time all day long lol. Don’t mind a Sam Adams Boston Lager though!

Miller by far!!!!

They all kinda suck, but boys, there is hope.

After reading Beer Advocate (which, by the way, is IMO one of the finest websites ever created) I found something called Warsteiner at my Total Wine for $27.00/24 bottles-pilsner or Dunkel, which is a really tasty brown ale. It is really pretty excellent. 

Other cheapies that are kinda good: Dos Equis Brown, Narraganset.

So, if I never add further value to this board, I can at least do this for you all:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/

I recommend the search bar to find your favorite (or laugh at your least favorite!)

I rarely drink beer these days but when I do it's typically either a Kona or a beer from a local brewery.  However, if I had to drink a mass produced beer it would be Coors Light.  I'll never forget the taste of that first Coors Light after not being about to drink for 6+ months.  The taste has never been the same but once in a blue moon I try a Coors Light.

Bud select

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I'm pretty much a craft drinker across the board, but if I do drink a mass produced, I'll take Busch Light.  It's generally my lawn mower beer. Not quite as good as the old Schaefer Light I drank at IU, lol....

Bud select

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Living by St. Louis I’m pretty well stuck with Bud products more the Miller/Coors, so if I drink Bud Select is it. If I go to a baseball game at Busch, I normally won’t drink because I don’t want to pay $8+ for a beer that’s just okay. Luckily they do have some stands scattered around that have some different kinds.

Busch Light is my go-to quantity beer. It is the only thing we drink at hunting camp. I just drank it for a week straight in the beach at Siesta Key.
During the summer I normally switch to Miller High Life for sipping on the back porch while grilling.

38 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I'm pretty much a craft drinker across the board, but if I do drink a mass produced, I'll take Busch Light.  It's generally my lawn mower beer. Not quite as good as the old Schaefer Light I drank at IU, lol....

Oooohhh ... Little Kings! 

Most alcohol content for your college student buck.

I’m more of a Craft drinker myself. I love getting a pick-6 of random craft beers (will mix some of moderate sized breweries as well) and trying all different kinds.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Oooohhh ... Little Kings! 

Most alcohol content for your college student buck.

First beer I ever got drunk on (along with warm Dark Eyes vodka), floor party on Wilkie South. Bernard Whittington, who was on the football team, carried me back to Foster Quad over his shoulder, lol. 

I was out with my buddy last night at my usual bar. I was drinking Hazy Jane from Brew Dog (love a good hazy), but my friend ordered a Lavender Blonde from Switchyard. Not my style but if you like a lighter beer with great flavor, I’d recommend this one

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

I was out with my buddy last night at my usual bar. I was drinking Hazy Jane from Brew Dog (love a good hazy), but my friend ordered a Lavender Blonde from Switchyard. Not my style but if you like a lighter beer with great flavor, I’d recommend this one

Brew Dog is in my top 5.  Love it!