Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

4:00 pm tomorrow- new keg of Zombie Dust being tapped at my favorite bar. You know you're a lush when the general manager, the bartender and the owner of the bar all send a separate text to remind you lol.

Don't feel too special, the IUBB basketball team was probably following the tracking info.

No

But but, ah screw of, I don't need your permission.

Getting back on topic. The wife and sis-in-law went to think winery/restaurant close by where we live. I'm not a wine fan, so I had some delicious Stella on draft. Best part of the night was the Blackened Ahi Tuna. Some of the best food I've ever had. We will be going back for sure!!

But but, ah screw of, I don't need your permission.

Getting back on topic. The wife and sis-in-law went to think winery/restaurant close by where we live. I'm not a wine fan, so I had some delicious Stella on draft. Best part of the night was the Blackened Ahi Tuna. Some of the best food I've ever had. We will be going back for sure!!

Which winery?

Their orchard is in California, but it's called Cooper's Hawk. They have places throughout the country I believe. The one we were at was in Town and Country, MO.

We try to hit a local winery/brewery wherever we travel- will keep this in mind!

This is my favorite time of year for beer...Oktoberfest season. So far I've had Oktoberfests from Sam Adams (a staple), Sierra Nevada (meh), Upland (not so good, but slowly, slowly improving each year), Shiner (solid), and Spaten (always the best). I'm looking forward to getting Three Floyd's Munsterfest when it comes out as it's always one of my favorites, too. Two breweries in the Indy area that I wish would make an Oktoberfest (I don't think they to this point) are Bier and Grand Junction.

Speaking of Grand Junction, that's a solid brewery. I tried their Cream Ale, Scottish, Porter, and Stout in a flight the other night and was very impressed.

This is my favorite time of year for beer...Oktoberfest season. So far I've had Oktoberfests from Sam Adams (a staple), Sierra Nevada (meh), Upland (not so good, but slowly, slowly improving each year), Shiner (solid), and Spaten (always the best). I'm looking forward to getting Three Floyd's Munsterfest when it comes out as it's always one of my favorites, too. Two breweries in the Indy area that I wish would make an Oktoberfest (I don't think they to this point) are Bier and Grand Junction.

Speaking of Grand Junction, that's a solid brewery. I tried their Cream Ale, Scottish, Porter, and Stout in a flight the other night and was very impressed.

Beck's has a decent Oktoberfest too. Not as good as Spaten, but I'd say comparable to Sam Adams.