Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) ATH Isaac James to IU

Is it normal for a guy to not play a position at all in high school that he is going to play in college?

Its not abnormal, but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it normal. Yes, O-line guys may switch positions on the line, or the same with D-line. However, a lot of high schools end up with their best athletes at QB, and most of them are never going to play QB at a college level. However, cherry picking the top athletes from there can give you some great athletes to work with. James seems to project at WR for IU, but could end up at DB, I don't think his position is locked in stone. If I recall correctly, Jason Spriggs was a TE in high school and IU recruited him as O-line all the way.

Its not abnormal, but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it normal. Yes, O-line guys may switch positions on the line, or the same with D-line. However, a lot of high schools end up with their best athletes at QB, and most of them are never going to play QB at a college level. However, cherry picking the top athletes from there can give you some great athletes to work with. James seems to project at WR for IU, but could end up at DB, I don't think his position is locked in stone. If I recall correctly, Jason Spriggs was a TE in high school and IU recruited him as O-line all the way.

Happens a lot with athletic QBs. Kofi Hughs and Tommy Mister are two that I can think of right away.