Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

(2014) PG JaQuan Lyle to Oregon

Like this: A fan asked "What's your thoughts on Robinson, Blackmon and Lyle? Can they all come in?" 

Kendrick's response simply "yes."

Ignoring the scholarship numbers, just imagine a class of Blackmon/Lyle/Robinson/Johnson on the heels of what we landed in 2012 and 2013.

IU fans

37201-Carlton-dancing-gif-I2pZ.gif

Purdue fans

work-meetings.gif

There could be room for Johnson, Robinson, Blackmon, and Lyle. Sheehey and Gordon will be gone, Vonleh could easily be gone, and there could be a transfer (Etherington?). No matter what happens, I'd love if Crean can land Blackmon and/or Lyle.

Johnson, Robinson, Blackmon, and/or Lyle would be an incredible recruiting class.

You are closer to that action than myself.  I am up here by Fort Wayne.  Do like his move of going the prep route.  That tells me he is getting more serious about his future in realizing he had to somewhat separate himself from Evansville.  That environment could and did at times drag him down.  I hope every kid succeeds.  If he came to IU, the best thing will happen to him.  He will be accountable, which will only make him better.  

I think you're on to something with the leaving Evansville thing. It's far from a done deal, but both parties are serious once again. Someone used to be close to this situation on the old board, no?

Rob Fulford, JaQuan Lyle’s coach at Huntington Prep, told the Star this afternoon that Indiana has been in touch with the Evansville native, and that there is “mutual interest again for both JaQuan and IU.”

“(The) extent of that I don’t really know yet,” he said via text message.

There has been a suggestion publicly that Lyle would like to visit Indiana at some point, perhaps soon. Fulford said Huntington Prep’s schedule could complicate any such plans. His team opens its season Oct. 30, and he said “after that, it would have to be an open date in our schedule, which isn’t many weekends at all until March.”

http://blogs.indystar.com/hoosiersinsider/2013/10/18/recruiting-tidbits-on-a-friday/

Don't they have to have their SAT in before an OV? How long does it take to get the results back. I took mine a long long time ago, seems like a week or two but I'd guess much quicker now. 

Actually I have dealt with this.  So, I looked up what SAT says about this... Sounds like its up to the institution and just ordering a rush.  Since he has a name, he will get it quicker (long story short).  If they send it within 2 days, IU would have them and clear them quick.  I wonder if as long as he is on his OV and they come that is ok?  Cause that would be most likely scenario if he went right away.  NCAA doesn't say anything about having to hand them over when you get there.  Just said you have to have them available by the visit.  That would get them there by the visit.  That is my interpretation.

Rush Reporting

You can request your score reports to be sent using Rush service. Once your request is received, rush reports are typically sent to institutions within 2 business days (not counting holidays and weekends).

Before ordering rush reports, check with the designated institutions — they may not review your score(s) until their next scheduled processing date. If you are applying early decision or early action, check to see if the college or university accepts October and November scores to meet deadlines. Rush reporting is only available for scores that have already been released.

I'm very glad that Lyle is "definitely" taking a visit to Indiana on the near future. Many may not feel the same, but I really want this kid at Indiana.

I'm glad Crean doesn't appear to ever give up on a recruit. JaQuan really likes Crean and likes Btown. Hopefully, he'll come to IU.

I'm very glad that Lyle is "definitely" taking a visit to Indiana on the near future. Many may not feel the same, but I really want this kid at Indiana.

I'm glad Crean doesn't appear to ever give up on a recruit. JaQuan really likes Crean and likes Btown. Hopefully, he'll come to IU.

I am in the same boat as you.  He has a tremendous relationship with Coach, and I think he would be great here at IU.  I feel like Iu would be the best option for him.  Not just because I'm a homer, but because he knows Coach would be there for him 24/7. Coach has shown how he cares for his players other than just on the court.  Lyle could really benefit from that. 

I hope he comes to IU.