Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

(2014) PG JaQuan Lyle to Oregon

No one has answered my question haha...I can't see a reason why he would want to come on an official so bad. He wanted to come last weekend too. Is there something time sensitive? 

Unless he just really misses breakfast buddies (GOD knows I do!) then why would he want to come so bad? Does he think his potential spot will get taken? Could it have to do with JB2?

No one has answered my question haha...I can't see a reason why he would want to come on an official so bad. He wanted to come last weekend too. Is there something time sensitive? 

Unless he just really misses breakfast buddies (GOD knows I do!) then why would he want to come so bad? Does he think his potential spot will get taken? Could it have to do with JB2?

I don't think there is anything that deep to it at all. He just wants to visit. Sure it seems like he's in a rush, but no one will really know why until he actually comes. Most people believe he'll be a spring commit, so I definitely don't think it has anything to do with committing. Just wants to come check out the team/campus again, I guess.

Probably to get it done before his season starts. Or, he has a girl or seven on campus he wants to see again.

FWIW Brian Snow of all people remarked that IU is as close to a leader as anybody for JaQuan Lyle and added that Lyle's decision is a long way off.

That is as close as Brian Snow has ever come to breaking IU news.

I think I read that JaQuan is taking his SAT today.

Jaquan Lyle's Crystal Ball Prediction just changed in a big way. 24/7's Director of Scouting Jerry Meyer just switched his pick to Indiana. For the record, Meyer has picked 87 Correct and 27 Wrong. (This means basically nothing since they can update their picks whenever they want). Lyle is trying to squeeze in a visit to Indiana in the next couple of weeks.

Personally, I would be VERY happy if we end up with Lyle. He could become a great player under Crean and his guidance. We'll have to watch this one closely and see how this all plays out.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jaquan-Lyle-15260/PlayerInstitutionPredictions

I just checked yesterday and 0% IU. I don't think any of them had even thought about it until just now. Glad to see that pick.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So regarding Lyle, do you accept a commitment now or wait till spring? Assuming there is some truth to prior reports on him being challenging I would understand waiting for more evidence he has matured. However, if you wait and he has a productive player year at prep school with an uneventful year regarding issues do you risk having someone else come in and take him away?

Assuming CTC has a pretty good feel for what his challenges are and assuming he feels optimist he can connect with him I would accept his commitment and get him signed. I would do this with the understanding that he not have any issues. If he does not show evidence he has grown up then he enters on the same thin ice Patterson may have been on. Get out of line here and your scholarship is gone.

I would only wait if you were not confident we will have a spot for a 3rd new comer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would be elated if JaQuan committed soon, but I believe he wants to wait till spring. He's the one I want most out of the remaining 2014 recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

it sounds like, to me, that he's in a rush to come on his OV. What's the deal here? 

Him and his coach have stated once the season starts, there is no time for visits.  So, if there is any chance of him signing in November, he would want to come on this OV.  He is doing his SAT that day.  He has to have his results, but they can rush it.  Not sure if they have to have them on hand at the beginning of his visit or the end.  Cause, they could probably get them Monday, since he has a name.  If its an unofficial, there really isn't that much to look into.  He has been on campus a bunch, but stated he wanted to take his OV but still needed to take his SAT to do that. 

So regarding Lyle, do you accept a commitment now or wait till spring? Assuming there is some truth to prior reports on him being challenging I would understand waiting for more evidence he has matured. However, if you wait and he has a productive player year at prep school with an uneventful year regarding issues do you risk having someone else come in and take him away?

Assuming CTC has a pretty good feel for what his challenges are and assuming he feels optimist he can connect with him I would accept his commitment and get him signed. I would do this with the understanding that he not have any issues. If he does not show evidence he has grown up then he enters on the same thin ice Patterson may have been on. Get out of line here and your scholarship is gone.

I would only wait if you were not confident we will have a spot for a 3rd new comer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

People at Huntington Prep have said great things about him once he got on campus.  I feel better about him since he realized he needed to get away from the Evansville crowd that was dragging him down.  That's not easy.  He could have easily stayed and got recruited by the same major schools, but didn't.  That is growth.  IMO

Borzello and Bozich now on board with Meyers having JL to IU.

Notice they did it quietly too...either they know something we don't, or they just want to be on the safe side in case he commits this weekend. If he commits, they look like geniuses. If no commit? Still time to change it later.