Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierJacoby

Student season ticket holders

I don't know how many of you out there are Hoosier students like myself, but I thought I could kick start a thread where we can sell/trade student basketball tickets for the upcoming season. Considering we receive tickets to only a small portion of the games (8 I believe) it is likely we will want to trade around or whatever so I figured this could be a decent platform for doing so.

I was thinking this thread could be specific to student tickets.

Great idea. Here's something that was put out earlier for those that might be interested in. Link.

2013-14 Public and Faculty/Staff Season Tickets

Public and Faculty/Staff Season Tickets are SOLD OUT on a season basis. If you are interested in being placed on the WAITLIST, please review our Men's Basketball Season Ticket Waitlist Procedure.

2013-14 Student Season Basketball Waitlist

Student Season Tickets are SOLD OUT on a season basis. If you are interested in being placed on the Student Basketball Season Ticket WAITLIST, please call 866-IUSPORTS (487-7678).

2013-14 Men's Basketball Mini-Series

The Mini Series Package includes four home games highlighted by Big Ten rival Michigan State on Saturday, January 4, 2014.  The package also includes tickets to the Evansville (11/26), Nicholls State (12/20) and Kennesaw State (12/22) contests.

Mini Series Ticket Pricing:

• $60 - Student Mini Series (Will receive priority seating, one student Mini Series per account)
  • $160 - Main/Court Level (Limit Four, assigned by priority points after student tickets)
  • $104 - Balcony Level (Limit Four, assigned by priority points after student tickets)

2013 Crossroads Classic

Bankers Life Fieldhouse (Indianapolis, IN) will once again host the Crossroads Classic featuring Indiana vs. Notre Dame and Butler vs. Purdue on Saturday, December 14, 2013. Tickets are currently only available to 2013-14 Men's Basketball Season Ticket Holders (Student, Public, & Faculty/Staff) and Varsity Club Members. To purchase tickets, please call 866-IUSPORTS (487-7678).

2013 2K Sports Classic

Madison Square Garden (New York, NY) will host the 2K Sports Classic featuring Indiana vs. Washington and Boston College vs. UConn on Thursday, November 21, 2013. The Championship and Consolation games will take place on Friday, November 22, 2013. Tickets are currently available to the general public and are $130 per ticket (includes all four games). To purchase tickets, please call 866-IUSPORTS (487-7678).

I know that there will be some games that I won't be using my tickets for, only because I'll have a credential. If that happens to tbe the case, I'll post on here which games and any student can pick them up

I'll give this a little bump here since it's falling back a bit. This looks like it could go here.

In a recent conversation with Indiana basketball coach Tom Crean, Fred Glass reminisced to his first year as IU’s athletic director.

Crean was in the midst of his first season as IU’s head coach in 2008-2009, and the team was on its way to its worst record in school history. Student season tickets sales were so poor, just more than half of its allotted space of 7,800 seats had been filled.

“Shoot, we were doing everything we could. I can’t remember the exact number that first year, I think we ended up with 4,200 or something like that,” Glass said in a recent interview with Inside the Hall.

“Which at any other university in the country would be the best year they’ve ever had, but for us, was extremely disappointing.”

For the next three seasons, students who bought season tickets would have access to every home game. But as Indiana’s on-court success returned, demand grew as well. Last season, with a preseason No. 1 team, students were given access to only 10 games each. However, heading into this season with far-fewer on-court expectations, demand is up. Around 15,000 student season ticket sales have been sold, and students who bought season tickets were given eight games — only half of the amount they had received only two years ago.

“In fact, I had to remind myself that that wasn’t normal for the new students, and when we went to (fewer games), there would be a little a culture shock, of, ‘Wait, what do you mean? We always get every game’,” Glass said. “Well that was their normal for two or three years, but still, it was their normal. And we probably didn’t do a very good job, especially that first year, of letting people know that’s how that was going to work.

“And I take responsibility for that, because to me, it was so part of Indiana that that’s how it worked, that I sort of forgot that it wasn’t the reality of the kids who had been here for two or three years.”

When Glass was a student at Indiana from 1977 to 1981, receiving only half — maybe even a third — of home games as part of a season ticket package was normal. Back then, 15,000 students purchasing season tickets was typical. But Indiana’s basketball team hasn’t received this much attention from its students in years.

Once student demand for tickets eclipsed the supply available, Glass’s instincts were to go back to the way it worked back when he was a student: sell as many tickets as possible and then determine a number where all students can attend an equal amount of games. With tickets being a scarcity, attendance isn’t an issue. And to reward upperclassmen for continued attendance, IU gives them tickets to the “most marquee” home game. It’s tradition, Glass said. He’s a fan of maintaining that.

“I get that it’s controversial. I get that people can have different views on that,” Glass said. “I just really believe that rationing, if you will, of the tickets is the right way to go.

“I think it’s better for more people to experience Indiana University basketball as students going to the game, even if that means they can’t go to every game.”

When Glass saw the number of this season’s total student season ticket sales, he wasn’t surprised. Yes, he said he was “very, very pleased” and that it is “very heartening,” however, he knew that because of Crean’s efforts the past five seasons, student demand would be back to where it should be.

But the memory of 4,200 total student ticket sales remains fresh in Glass’s mind. And he does not want to return to that number again.

“Some people would say, ‘Hey, let’s take our most loyal fans, maybe the kids that are upperclassmen or first-come, first-serve or however you would do it,’ but they would argue that it’s better for 7800 kids to be able to go to every single game than for 15,000 kids to go to half the games,” Glass said. “I guess I’m for the more people that can be happy, the better.”

Link

Yo I possibly have a student section ticket to the Wisconsin homer on January 14th for trade or sell. I have the ticket just might be out of state that week. Just found out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yo I possibly have a student section ticket to the Wisconsin homer on January 14th for trade or sell. I have the ticket just might be out of state that week. Just found out.

I'd take it off your hands but I've got that game too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'd take it off your hands but I've got that game too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Should be a good one. Hopefully IU breaks the streak this season. I hate Bo Ryan and I hate bo ball.

does anyone have two non-student tickets (preferably main level) for the evansville game? 

On the flip side, I have student season tickets I bought from a friend and I have tickets to Chicago State, Samford, Oakland, Wisconsin, Penn State (student section), and Nebraska that I'd be willing to get rid of all at once for cheap. Maybe $120? I live in Chicago so it's not like I can use them. 

I have a student ticket (section JJ row 1 seat 4) to the Stony Brook game this Sunday, Nov 17th. Really looking to trade a ticket w/ someone who has a cream ticket package. I don't go to games on Sunday, so I'll also be looking to trade my Ohio State ticket (section M row 33 seat 9). 

I have a student ticket (section JJ row 1 seat 4) to the Stony Brook game this Sunday, Nov 17th. Really looking to trade a ticket w/ someone who has a cream ticket package. I don't go to games on Sunday, so I'll also be looking to trade my Ohio State ticket (section M row 33 seat 9).

I could trade you my Wisconsin ticket for the OSU game it is in the student section on Tuesday January 14