Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Parakeet Jones

Indiana Pacers 2013-2014

With my photo I was making fun of the fact that they always have the refs on their side.

That's a cop-out. There are calls that go in both teams favor at various points. The typical miami cheats and the refs cheat comments are crap.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's a cop-out. There are calls that go in both teams favor at various points. The typical miami cheats and the refs cheat comments are crap.

...... Miami is not the only team who gets accused of it. Heard plenty of Heat fans whining about the refs a week ago

First off, the Pacers did plenty to lose that game on their own.  

Having said that, LBJ gets the protection of being a superstar player that others do not and yes that can affect the outcome of the game.  

LBJ had three fouls in the first half.  His style of play did not change in the second and yet he did not get called for one single foul in the second half.  Superstar protection.  This is in contrast to a non-super star like Hibbert having to sit for most of the second half with five (Vogel should have had him out).  The fact that the NBA allows protection to go on like that for certain players is the "crap" in all of this. 

It was crap for MJ.  It was/is crap for Kobe.  It is crap for LBJ.  

First off, the Pacers did plenty to lose that game on their own.

Having said that, LBJ gets the protection of being a superstar player that others do not and yes that can affect the outcome of the game.

LBJ had three fouls in the first half. His style of play did not change in the second and yet he did not get called for one single foul in the second half. Superstar protection. This is in contrast to a non-super star like Hibbert having to sit for most of the second half with five (Vogel should have had him out). The fact that the NBA allows protection to go on like that for certain players is the "crap" in all of this.

It was crap for MJ. It was/is crap for Kobe. It is crap for LBJ.

I like watching the NBA but this is something I hate. "There's no way they are going to call that on Lebron." Why? A foul is a freakin foul no matter who committed it. Either way really can't blame it on that Pacers were up 15 and let it slip away. Too many turnovers. I do like the Pacers in a 7 game series. Heat are relying too much on Lebron and Wade will be on E come playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I like watching the NBA but this is something I hate. "There's no way they are going to call that on Lebron." Why? A foul is a freakin foul no matter who committed it. Either way really can't blame it on that Pacers were up 15 and let it slip away. Too many turnovers. I do like the Pacers in a 7 game series. Heat are relying too much on Lebron and Wade will be on E come playoffs.

Always been a name oriented league. I do agree with what you are talking about, if one guy gets called for a foul for doing something then everyone should be called for that foul if they commit the same action. Honestly Hibbert gets a number of calls that could go in the offensive players favor to go Roy's way instead, and look at Mahimi, who does a lot of the same things as Hibbert defensively, yet he gets called for tons of fouls despite doing the same exact thing. I'm biased so I have the Pacers winning in a 7 game series. I'm interested to see how Granger could help with the turnover stuff, he is a veteran player, that is a decent passer, good length and a decent handle. Hopefully he stays healthy, get our first look of the season of him tonight

...... Miami is not the only team who gets accused of it. Heard plenty of Heat fans whining about the refs a week ago

But not many teams get accused of it as much as Miami. For the most parts it's nothing but blind hate for the heat.

But not many teams get accused of it as much as Miami. For the most parts it's nothing but blind hate for the heat.

It just happens more often with Miami because they have more stars. Stars get calls all the time, all across the league. The heat have more stars than most teams so the calls happen more often.

Lebron committed a foul. It wasn't called. The Pacers gave the game away. Three facts for your.

It just happens more often with Miami because they have more stars. Stars get calls all the time, all across the league. The heat have more stars than most teams so the calls happen more often.

Lebron committed a foul. It wasn't called. The Pacers gave the game away. Three facts for your.

Lebron also stepped out of bounds late in the game that wasn't called. Happens all the time, whatever, EXCEPT, Joey Crawford was staring at the sideline Lebron stepped on, probably 5 feet away. Not accusing foul play, but come on.

The Nets season is done, and really they are done for quite some time now. Brook Lopez is out for the year, he was the one guy who they had that no one could match up with when he really had it going offensively:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10175907/brooklyn-nets-lose-brook-lopez-season-broken-foot

Stinks for my fantasy basketball team.