Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

Are you dumbasses really believing that Meyer had a better sense of insight than pap regarding an Indiana recruit?

S.
M.
H!!!!!

I'll ignore the pompous name calling but yes, that is what I'm saying.

No offense to Pap WHATSOEVER and not Meyer the person but his connections. Someone gave him good info. Sometimes he gets info and things change. This time he had good information, obviously.

SMH.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'll ignore the pompous name calling but yes, that is what I'm saying.

No offense to Pap WHATSOEVER and not Meyer the person but his connections. Someone gave him good info. Sometimes he gets info and things change. This time he had good information, obviously.

SMH.

Pompous is what he does.

Let's not go the name calling route. I think Wayne and I were just having a discussion and we disagree on some points.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here with "who had better info." If you think Meyer did and Michigan led at a point, IU was NEVER in consideration, the staff was left out of the loop, but ultimately Kris chose UCLA - that's fine with me.

I'll think you're misinformed, you'll think I was. I can support my side via PM if anyone wants to, unfortunately I'm not sure Meyer will give his side bc I doubt he has the time 

Let's not go the name calling route. I think Wayne and I were just having a discussion and we disagree on some points.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here with "who had better info." If you think Meyer did and Michigan led at a point, IU was NEVER in consideration, the staff was left out of the loop, but ultimately Kris chose UCLA - that's fine with me.

Yeah, Pap. I wasn't trying to pick sides. You're my dude. I think this recruitment was emotional for IU and Wilkes. I think IU people were hearing things and non IU people were hearing other things.

The UCLA insiders were supremely confident and so were some of the Illinois people. But the UCLA people in particular. So were many IU insiders. Certain people were being mislead. I'm confident that Wilkes relationship with Crean is a big part of that.

It also harkens back to me about that Wilkes interview where he talked about Crean keeping it 100 and what not. That interview always gave me a weird vibe.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I really wish I understood what's so unappealing about IU. I wish someone could explain.

At this point I just want somebody to be 100% honest and say what it is. I promise not to be offended I just want to know.

Yeah, Pap. I wasn't trying to pick sides. You're my dude. I think this recruitment was emotional for IU and Wilkes. I think IU people were hearing things and non IU people were hearing other things.

The UCLA insiders were supremely confident and so were some of the Illinois people. But the UCLA people in particular. So were many IU insiders. Certain people were being mislead. I'm confident that Wilkes relationship with Crean is a big part of that.

It also harkens back to me about that Wilkes interview where he talked about Crean keeping it 100 and what not. That interview always gave me a weird vibe.

Is it possible he legitimately liked us all and that is why there was confidence from "insiders" at every location?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Is it possible he legitimately liked us all and that is why there was confidence from "insiders" at every location?

Yes.

However, my original point was that Meyer said he picked "Michigan because he was not picking IU". Quickly when UCLA got involved he picked them.

So that begs the question, why not IU when virtually everyone else saw us a the leaders?

There must be a reason. My hypothesis was he knew something (from somebody) that IU people didn't know.

Yes.

However, my original point was that Meyer said he picked "Michigan because he was not picking IU". Quickly when UCLA got involved he picked them.

So that begs the question, why not IU when virtually everyone else saw us a the leaders?

There must be a reason. My hypothesis was he knew something (from somebody) that IU people didn't know.

Or maybe he's lucky.

I'm almost positive I read somewhere that Wilkes wouldn't play at IU because of Crean. Where I read it, I have know clue. (It could have been the meds though too..) Did anyone else read that?

I kind of glossed over it because IU seemed to be in the thick of things. I would also like to know why we could pull a Vonleh and Bryant but not a Wilkes or Scruggs. I'm sure there's more to it than a simple explanation.

He was pretty adamant that it wouldn't be IU. 

He is always adamant it's not IU. All the way back to Zeller. This is nothing new. This is a running joke much like Calhoun's health is the word. By him picking UM that should show he knew little. I mean in an early contact period I could pick the field against one team and sound continually smart if that is what we are basing this on. UM was in this recruitment for 5 minutes and was never considered a leader. Illinois would have been more believable.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes.

Wayne, I promise - not a hypothesis. Michigan made as little sense as UCLA did there. Kris had zero clue and wasn't paying serious attention at that point. Just drama...same thing w Romeo right now and it won't stop.

Things changed quick, but cool Jerry heard Ed Schilling used to coach at Park Tudor lol

I get that Michigan was out of left field. Only chosen because not IU though. That was stated and switched quickly. No one is answering why not IU when we seemed like the clearly obvious odds on pick if anyone was to guess.

Like you say, I suppose I can go on record saying no way we get Langford. I'll likely be right in the end.

Wilkes was different because most viewed us as the favorites unlike Langford.

Just like in life, recruits don't always tell everyone the truth. They often tell people what they want to hear. Most people don't like to hurt people's feelings.

I don't think we'll see this one eye to eye. Everything doesn't add up to me. I've moved on from Wilkes long ago, but today I got to thinking about that Wilkes interview, Meyers CB picks, and the timeline of events. Just curious timing.

Pretty much. I'm done.

We should all be done. As soon as I read he was texting Alford pics while at IU I knew. You don't do that.

Maybe Meyer knew something, maybe he didn't but he was right. He took a bold position early on and it very likely turned out to be right.