Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

1 minute ago, biteoftheapple said:

With Bozich switching his cb pick to UCLA, joining the 88%, I say we have little to no chance.

Well that really sucks! I do not understand this! Oh well go IU!

The wild card for me is that I don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Recruiting seems to be such a dirty business that anything seems possible. Considering Mr Glass's comments on how IU decides who to recruit, I think the standards are pretty rigid. If a grey area offer or an out and out deception is presented to a kid, then they might be swayed to make a decision not in their best interest. IU, I hope, doesn't go down that path. I have been critical of CTC in the past, but I will stand with him all day long in terms of integrity in recruiting and the program.

17 minutes ago, cthomas said:

The wild card for me is that I don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Recruiting seems to be such a dirty business that anything seems possible. Considering Mr Glass's comments on how IU decides who to recruit, I think the standards are pretty rigid. If a grey area offer or an out and out deception is presented to a kid, then they might be swayed to make a decision not in their best interest. IU, I hope, doesn't go down that path. I have been critical of CTC in the past, but I will stand with him all day long in terms of integrity in recruiting and the program.

Honestly I feel like that kind of recruiting will keep us from putting up anymore banners. We don't recruit well enough to be turning down talented but questionable kids. 

Here is the thing, so far Crean has done enough to be here. This season looks to be a good one and I have high hopes we are good next year as well. With that said IDC where these kids are from I care about which ones want to be Hoosiers or not. Wilkes had a great look at being a Hoosier and choose not to, so I don't want him and as much as it stings we will be okay. Not a single player will make or break a program like ours. Smith, Moore, Durham(if he comes) and looking like Beatty are who I would choose outta all these kids. You know why? Because they CHOOSE to be HOOSIERS, when they had other options. Idk what's going on with Jordan Tucker, but I feel like we need to turn up the heat on him. Crean tries harder than any of us can imagine and sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you fail miserably. I'm looking forward to this season and not panicking until next season starts and for some reason we look horrible. Until then I trust in Crean and the staff to keep us successful.

Here is the thing, so far Crean has done enough to be here. This season looks to be a good one and I have high hopes we are good next year as well. With that said IDC where these kids are from I care about which ones want to be Hoosiers or not. Wilkes had a great look at being a Hoosier and choose not to, so I don't want him and as much as it stings we will be okay. Not a single player will make or break a program like ours. Smith, Moore, Durham(if he comes) and looking like Beatty are who I would choose outta all these kids. You know why? Because they CHOOSE to be HOOSIERS, when they had other options. Idk what's going on with Jordan Tucker, but I feel like we need to turn up the heat on him. Crean tries harder than any of us can imagine and sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you fail miserably. I'm looking forward to this season and not panicking until next season starts and for some reason we look horrible. Until then I trust in Crean and the staff to keep us successful.

Part of the question is how good do we want to be? I have had doubts about Crean but think he can bring us up yet another notch in the postseason. He can't have the down years though and needs to blend consistency with some further NCAA runs.

When he prioritizes recruits though and then misses on them I get concerned.

6 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Part of the question is how good do we want to be? I have had doubts about Crean but think he can bring us up yet another notch in the postseason. He can't have the down years though and needs to blend consistency with some further NCAA runs.

When he prioritizes recruits though and then misses on them I get concerned.

Here's my concern when was the last time we got a 5 star without some added factor working in our favor?

Bryant Syracuse was facing sanctions. 

JBJ only came here because UK got their first choice. 

Troy I feel we were due to slotting also  I might be wrong though  

So Yogi and Cody were our wins where we went toe to toe with other programs and came out ahead  so to have any chance with a 5 star in a straight up recruiting battle they have to be from Indiana and still it's a long shot  

Here's my concern when was the last time we got a 5 star without some added factor working in our favor?

Bryant Syracuse was facing sanctions. 

JBJ only came here because UK got their first choice. 

Troy I feel we were due to slotting also  I might be wrong though  

So Yogi and Cody were our wins where we went toe to toe with other programs and came out ahead  so to have any chance with a 5 star in a straight up recruiting battle they have to be from Indiana and still it's a long shot  

Bryant said in an interview with a Syracuse website that was not a factor in picking iu
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2015/04/thomas_bryant_talks_about_picking_indiana_over_syracuse_im_the_person_going_to_c.html

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Bryant said in an interview with a Syracuse website that was not a factor in picking iu
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2015/04/thomas_bryant_talks_about_picking_indiana_over_syracuse_im_the_person_going_to_c.html

That's what your supposed to say. I'm sure JBJ would say he picked IU for other reasons also

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I followed it for 20 years. Him picking iu instead of Syracuse because that's what he wanted to do and even though his mother preferred Syracuse seems realistic to me.

Yep and all the chatter going away from Syracuse and the sanctions being at the same time was just a huge coincidence.