Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

1 hour ago, Ricochet said:

However they are very different type of wings with one being shooter the other a slasher. 

Gotcha. I'm not familiar with Bowen's game at all. Still, Wilkes could be THE GUY at IU and not compete with anyone for minutes at the three but if UCLA has he and Bowen that could get murky.

At the end of the day, I think this is a toss up. We could sure use a break our way.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ummm... Wilkes and Justin Smith are also almost the exact same height and weight.

Right but Smith isn't a top 20 5* player that is possibly looking to be one and done. I don't think Wilkes would have to worry too much about Smith stealing minutes unless Smith vastly outperforms his recruit ranking.

It sucks that our staff has to work this hard for a 5 star recruit in our own backyard whereas Duke, UNC, UK and Kansas pretty much wait for 5 stars to come crawling to them every year. 

You gotta be a national championship contender every year to be like that, it sucks but those teams have been on top for so long and these younger kids see that growing up and want to go there

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

It sucks that our staff has to work this hard for a 5 star recruit in our own backyard whereas Duke, UNC, UK and Kansas pretty much wait for 5 stars to come crawling to them every year. 

We have to work really hard and even some top recruits that we have landed it seems like it was a tough decision to come to IU. Wish we could get a couple 5 star targets to pop for us quickly like some of the lesser ranked recruits do.