Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting-central/2016/09/12/recruiting-coaches-check-kris-wilkes-romeo-langford/90274462/

• Fresh off an official visit to Illinois over the weekend, North Central’s Kris Wilkes (2017) got a visit on Monday at his school from UCLA coach Steve Alford and assistant coach Duane Broussard. Illinois will be in on Wednesday and Xavier on Thursday.

The 6-8 Wilkes has his next official visit lined up to UCLA the weekend of Sept. 23-25. He also has official visits planned to Indiana (Sept. 30-Oct. 2), Xavier (Oct. 28-30) and UConn (Nov. 4-6).

Wilkes nearly killed himself with a light socket today according to Twitter.

His tweet:
It was all most overs I seen the extricate come out I'm stupid

I have no idea what he is trying to say here.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I think he saw the exorcist hiding in the light socket.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

39 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wilkes nearly killed himself with a light socket today according to Twitter.

His tweet:
It was all most overs I seen the extricate come out I'm stupid

I have no idea what he is trying to say here.

Either his phone typing autocorrected or he should be at Prolific Prep!  (I kid, I kid).

Alright, gotta ask what I'm sure is a deeply stupid question, I just need some first hand observations

What is it about Wilkes' game that's special? I don't get back to Indy much anymore and I haven't seen him live since he was a Freshman. But when I watch the many, many clips of him out there what I see is: nice size. nice frame. avg length. quick off his feet but not super explosive. good lateral movement. Runs well. decent handle, but right hand dominant. Smooth scorer to maybe 18ft, but that shot can't possibly extend to the college 3pt line yet, needs to be retooled. Seems like a pretty tough kid, plays through contact. 

That's the scouting report of a really nice, 4 year high-major prospect, Not a gotta have top 15 kid in a great class. And he obviously is, because the consensus is just too strong. So help a guy out here. If one of y'all who has a really a good handle on his game can fill in the blanks for me, I would appreciate it. Cause right now, I feel a little on the ignorant side. 

Alright, gotta ask what I'm sure is a deeply stupid question, I just need some first hand observations

What is it about Wilkes' game that's special? I don't get back to Indy much anymore and I haven't seen him live since he was a Freshman. But when I watch the many, many clips of him out there what I see is: nice size. nice frame. avg length. quick off his feet but not super explosive. good lateral movement. Runs well. decent handle, but right hand dominant. Smooth scorer to maybe 18ft, but that shot can't possibly extend to the college 3pt line yet, needs to be retooled. Seems like a pretty tough kid, plays through contact. 

I think you have it pegged. Outside shooting isn't there yet. He can shoot it but not at a great clip. It's his size, dribbling ability, multifaceted game and his athleticism. Did I say his size and athleticism? His ratings did drop slightly over summer because of shooting, I think mainly. He didnt make USA team. Potential, potential, potential. Gets to rim. And potential.