Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SG Eron Gordon to Seton Hall

Expect to see North Central sophomore guard Eron Gordon at a number of Indiana basketball games this winter, when his schedule allows.

Don’t read too much into it. It’s not that the 6-2 Gordon isn’t high on the Hoosiers (he is), but he plans on seeing as many of his brother Evan’s games as possible. Evan Gordon has one year of eligibility at Indiana after transferring in from Arizona State

“I have to be a little careful with IU because I want to give every school recruiting me a fair chance,” he said. “Every time I do down there this year, it’ll be for Evan not for my recruitment.”

Gordon, who averaged 19.3 points as a freshman and is considered one of the top players in his class in the country, said Indiana “is definitely one of the schools that I like.” He has offers from Indiana, Purdue, Arizona State and Nebraska and has a number of other schools in heavy pursuit, including Michigan and Butler, the latter which had coach Brandon Miller and assistant Michael Lewis in to watch open gym on Wednesday.

Gordon said new schools showing interest include Duke, Iowa, Kentucky and UCLA.

“I haven’t had a chance to talk to the head coaches yet, but it gives me a wider variety of schools to look at,” he said.

With his sophomore season on the horizon, Gordon said he’s not all that locked into recruiting right now.

“I’m playing the waiting game a little bit so I know what opportunities I’ll have,” he said.

Gordon is part of a young team that adds 6-6 freshman Kris Wilkesto the mix this year.

Wilkes was offered a scholarship by Indiana in August.

“Physically he still needs some work, but every freshman needs some work physically,” Gordon said. “But he’ll be fine. He’ll be able to contribute for us right away. He’s a really good player.”

Top 20 players to watch

Eron Gordon, North Central: Gordon burst on to the scene as a freshman, averaging 20.0 points and 3.6 rebounds as the Panthers finished 16-6. The 6-2 guard, the younger brother of NBA guard Eric Gordon and Indiana senior Evan Gordon, is poised for a big sophomore season. He already has scholarship offers from Arizona State, Indiana, Nebraska and Purdue.