Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) SG Aaron Jordan to Illinois

Committed to Illinois 1/4/14

Plainfield, IL (Plainfield) 
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 170 
AAU: Illinois Stars

Recent offer. CTC taken lead recruiter on this one. AJ was at HH. 

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Video

Twitter

Aaron Jordan SG 6'4/170 Plainfield,IL (Plainfield),4*(94),4*(60),4*(77),(NR) UV-10/4/13,10/26,CV-11/29

Plainfield East 2015 shooting guard Aaron Jordan is one of the best wings in the state.  The perimeter scorer with a feathery touch from the outside continues to rack up the offers and take visits to the schools that have extended him scholarships. 

In the last week Jordan has taken trips to three Big 10 programs he holds offers from.  He started it off a little over a week ago at Illinois for their Street Jam event. “The Street Jam was very exciting and a great idea.  I also was able to watch practice which was good.  I could see myself in their offense and I like Coach Groce’s style.”

This past weekend he visited Indiana for their Hoosier Hysteria event. “Hoosier Hysteria was a good time seeing fans lined up for tickets the night before showed how much the school was all about basketball.  Talking with Coach Crean was great.  Some questions were answered without me even asking.”

He finished up his Big 10 tour with a visit to Northwestern on Saturday who recently offered him. “I enjoyed my time at Northwestern spending time with the staff and other recruits was fun.  It was great to see how involved the fans were at the football game.  It presented to me another side of Northwestern.”

Next up for Jordan will be an unofficial visit to Xavier on October 25.  The junior ran on the circuit this past summer with the Illinois Stars.

Link

I really want this kid to be in our 2015 class. Great shooter, scorer...4.5 gpa in classroom and a Wiscy/Illinois recruit. He would fit in great with 2015 target Malachi Richardson, 2016 Tyus Battle types.

Really strong 3 year player. After reading all articles...sounded like Crean really reinforced the idea he is a want and a need. Hopefully he gets back this winter for gameday environment.

I hope we don't sleep on this kid. He's going to be an extremely strong 3-4 year type player. Great grades, great shooter. Hope we don't put all of our eggs in the Malachi basket and not try for this one as well.

I realize Malachi is 5 star/priority...but him saying he's waiting a year now has me concerned.

Moving up on my list. 3 or 4 now.

Aaron Jordan ‏@OnMyGrind_22 3h

Wow all this for an exhibition #Indiana

Saying they've moved up to 3 or 4 annoys the CRAP out of me. I love Twitter more than probably anyone here, but I hate recruits + Twitter.

I just miss the days where colleges recruited kids.... Now it seems like kids recruit colleges.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Saying they've moved up to 3 or 4 annoys the CRAP out of me. I love Twitter more than probably anyone here, but I hate recruits + Twitter.

I just miss the days where colleges recruited kids.... Now it seems like kids recruit colleges.

Could be wrong, but I think CCG was saying on his list of '15 guys

For those that don't know, Marni is IU's academic advisor and has tremendous relationships with every player. She is one person that ALWAYS gets a visit when players come back to IU or Indiana. Tom Crean preaches her at every stop.

She's also a big fan of BtownBanners :)