Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

Not necessarily seeking prayers, but just wanted to share something -- only because it popped up on my FB memories page -- and this seemed to the the most appropriate spot.

J.K. Simmons delivered this poignant message on Oscar night eight years ago. Back then, I noted how fortunate I was to have both parents alive. These days, I'm an orphan. My dad passed two years later and my mom -- an IU grad and big Hoosiers fan -- died just before Christmas, so J.K.'s words become even more impactful. 
If you're lucky enough to have a parent or two alive and they're not nearby, give 'em a jingle. 

Brought tears to my eyes. I'd give anything to talk to my parents. My dad died in 87 when I was 22, and mom 10 years ago

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Not asking for prayers. Just thought this was worthy of posting and wasn't sure where to put it. I'm guessing at one point or another, most of you have seen Jack Hanna on Letterman (or some other show on the late-night circuit) or on GMA or some such interview program. He brought all kinds of animals with him -- and was goofy and funny and fun. 

Now, he has Alzheimer's and can't even remember his family. Pretty powerful piece from  the Columbus paper. 

I lost my dad to Alzheimer's six years ago and I know others have been affected as well. That is one sh-tty disease. 

Not asking for prayers. Just thought this was worthy of posting and wasn't sure where to put it. I'm guessing at one point or another, most of you have seen Jack Hanna on Letterman (or some other show on the late-night circuit) or on GMA or some such interview program. He brought all kinds of animals with him -- and was goofy and funny and fun. 
Now, he has Alzheimer's and can't even remember his family. Pretty powerful piece from  the Columbus paper. 

I lost my dad to Alzheimer's six years ago and I know others have been affected as well. That is one sh-tty disease. 

This is sad. I love animals and watch a lot of wildlife/ nature docs. As a kid I watched Jack Hanna a lot. I still catch his shows once in awhile on TV. I will pray for his family and Jack

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

My father has been dealing with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia for a few years, but just today he's been told that he has fast growing Squamous Cancer that's made it into his bones.  Stage 3 or 4.  Prognosis is not good.

Please call your parents if you're lucky enough to still have them.  Visit them and make dinner for them.  Create memories.  Laugh, hug them, tell them you love them.

Prayers for Jerry are appreciated.

36 minutes ago, Josh said:

My father has been dealing with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia for a few years, but just today he's been told that he has fast growing Squamous Cancer that's made it into his bones.  Stage 3 or 4.  Prognosis is not good.

Please call your parents if you're lucky enough to still have them.  Visit them and make dinner for them.  Create memories.  Laugh, hug them, tell them you love them.

Lifting Jerry in prayer!

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Terrible news for you and your family.  Prayers for all.

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Hoping for peace and comfort for your family my friend. And a critically excellent reminder.

I’m so happy I followed that plan. My mom died this week at 93+ in extraordinary health until she fell ill and passed in a day. I spent a ton of time with her the past ten years and both myself and her were greatly rewarded by it. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hoping for peace and comfort for your family my friend. And a critically excellent reminder.

I’m so happy I followed that plan. My mom died this week at 93+ in extraordinary health until she fell ill and passed in a day. I spent a ton of time with her the past ten years and both myself and her were greatly rewarded by it. 

Very sorry for your loss Stu.

Sorry for your loss Stu!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Cherish the good memories always and keep love in your heart,  So sorry for your loss.

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

My mother passed recently as well.  We thought we were going to lose her 2 years ago but she had an amazing come back which allowed us more time.  So thankful for that.  She and my dad met in the marching 100 years ago and have been avid IU fans ever since.