Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

In need of some positive thoughts and prayers as I attempt to navigate through these difficult times. I know I’ll never be given more than what I can handle but man it feels like I’m tested often.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hang tough friend. I know that you will come through with strength.

14 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

In need of some positive thoughts and prayers as I attempt to navigate through these difficult times. I know I’ll never be given more than what I can handle but man it feels like I’m tested often.

You got’em.

Never lose sight of the fact that you are not alone, brother, no matter how often it feels like you are. There is always a path forward, always, dimly lit as it might be.

Side note: it’s been a minute since I’ve prayed. So if you hear volcanic laughter overhead, that’s the Lord howling at my hypocrisy.

With a heavier heart than what I ever thought I could carry, I’m asking for prayers as I watched another beloved Hoosier pass on from this Earth last night. My dad made me an IU fan the day I was born and had an IU basketball waiting and ready in the hospital that very day. I so hoped he would be able to enjoy this season.

25 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

With a heavier heart than what I ever thought I could carry, I’m asking for prayers as I watched another beloved Hoosier pass on from this Earth last night. My dad made me an IU fan the day I was born and had an IU basketball waiting and ready in the hospital that very day. I so hoped he would be able to enjoy this season.

So so sorry Hinny. Condolences to you and your family.

59 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

So sorry to hear that Hinny. Prayers. 

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

So very sorry for your loss.  My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

My neighbors' grandson and member of my local American Legion Post was one of the Marines injured in the attack on Kabul Airport. Luckily, his injuries weren't as severe as some of his fellow Marines and he survived. Please keep him and his platoon in your prayers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My neighbors' grandson and member of my local American Legion Post was one of the Marines injured in the attack on Kabul Airport. Luckily, his injuries weren't as severe as some of his fellow Marines and he survived. Please keep him and his platoon in your prayers.

Thoughts and prayers for his family and community along with those other service members.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 8/28/2021 at 6:56 AM, HinnyHoosier said:

On 8/28/2021 at 8:32 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

My hometown of Logansport is in a somber mood today.  We learned yesterday that one of the marines killed in the suicide bombing in Afghanistan was a 22-year old resident and graduate of Logansport High School.   Asking for prayers for Cpl. Humberto Sanchez and his family as well as for all the other families who lost a loved one in that bombing.  

On 8/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Prayers for all. 

1 minute ago, pappy1865 said:

I wanted to bump this thread. I've got some personal **** going on. It involves a complicated situation with a friend of 10 years, that, well, yeah. It's a mess and so is she. But that's not the point. 

I went to a softball tournament this weekend to watch my niece play. She pitches, and is kind of a badass. I'd been to this ballpark before, but not the particular tournament being played. Saturday was the end of national suicide prevention week. This tournament was labeled "Play for Peyton." Peyton was a young girl from Hamilton Southeastern. She was a softball player who struggled with her mental health, and as a result, took her life a few weeks short of starting college.

I know we've all had our struggles. I've personally had some pretty low and dark moments recently. More so than I care to admit. Reach out to your friends. Your support group. Even with my own struggles, I am a phone call, text message, DM on Fight Club, etc. away. There was a powerful presentation and all the girls released balloons with messages of hope tied to them. Tear-inducing to say the least.

Good thoughts and prayers for all of you here BtownBanners!

I love you all!

SO very, very well said pappy. Suffice to say, there will likely be at least one person who reads your post and greatly benefits from it. In your recommendation for human outreach, you already made it happen.

Hope all is well, brother.

SO very, very well said pappy. Suffice to say, there will likely be at least one person who reads your post and greatly benefits from it. In your recommendation for human outreach, you already made it happen.

Hope all is well, brother.

I'm trying to take it day by day. Job is good. My daughter is good. My physical health is good. Just mentally run down.

Thanks for responding and your kind words!

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Prayers for former assistant football coach Mike DeBord who suffered a severe stroke earlier this week.

https://footballscoop.com/news/former-indiana-michigan-tennessee-coach-mike-debord-needs-prayers

Oh man, that’s terrible news. Football opinions aside, he’s one of the good ones. One of the sweetest, kindest men you’ll ever meet. 

Hey we Bucks would appreciate your prayers this week. Had the kids and their spouses over for an extended stay last week any my daughter who never gets sick picked up Covid. Another daughter a month prior also may have gotten a different variant as those of us getting it now seem to be linked to the recent case. 2 confirmed house tests and 5 of us feeling like we have something. The 3 that have had it before are fine. It the feast of are in about day 3ish.

Major headache and pressure behind the eyes for me wiped me out today. Took some meds around 5 and started to rebound around 7. Hoping that continues but prayers are for my wife. The type of viruses can really linger with her. Woul appreciate prayers for a speedy recovery for her. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners