Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

7 hours ago, 8bucks said:

My cousin and his wife both have COVID. She is on a ventilator and since he has it as well he cannot visit. My cousin is a huge IU fan and has written a few IU books. Great family and my cousin has always been like my older brother. Prayers for both would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Prayers for both on the way.

11 hours ago, 8bucks said:

My cousin and his wife both have COVID. She is on a ventilator and since he has it as well he cannot visit. My cousin is a huge IU fan and has written a few IU books. Great family and my cousin has always been like my older brother. Prayers for both would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Oh man. All the prayers sir. 

As some of you know, I had a pretty wicked run-in with Covid in early March. I'm still dealing with (unfortunately) a lot of long term issues with it, including my immune system being weaker. Yesterday, my new GM called me to let me know his daughter has tested positive for Covid- I've been in close contact w him for the last 2 weeks. The jury is out on immunity length, and it's been 9 months for me. Currently quarantining and taking as many precautions as I can. 

As some of you know, I had a pretty wicked run-in with Covid in early March. I'm still dealing with (unfortunately) a lot of long term issues with it, including my immune system being weaker. Yesterday, my new GM called me to let me know his daughter has tested positive for Covid- I've been in close contact w him for the last 2 weeks. The jury is out on immunity length, and it's been 9 months for me. Currently quarantining and taking as many precautions as I can. 

Really sorry to hear that and praying for a full recovery and protection from it again! You are one of my all time favorites and praying for you my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Rapid test? 

We've done few of them after potential exposure. Only about 90% accurate and with a co-pay costs $100 (for us), but it can give some instant peace of mind and you get the results in 15 minutes from a local 'doc in the box'.

And most of all--my thoughts are with you for a healthy new year (with a vaccine!)

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Rapid test? 

We've done few of them after potential exposure. Only about 90% accurate and with a co-pay costs $100 (for us), but it can give some instant peace of mind and you get the results in 15 minutes from a local 'doc in the box'.

I'm waiting to see if my GM has been tested- they won't rapid test in my area without an appointment, and currently, next Wednesday is the first I can get in.  If he is positive, then I'll definitely travel a larger radius to get one earlier :)  

Just now, mamasa said:

I'm waiting to see if my GM has been tested- they won't rapid test in my area without an appointment, and currently, next Wednesday is the first I can get in.  If he is positive, then I'll definitely travel a larger radius to get one earlier :)  

Oh wow...near me in South Florida I can get a rapid test the same afternoon at MdNow or Urgent Care.

Arrggh.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh wow...near me in South Florida I can get a rapid test the same afternoon at MdNow or Urgent Care.

Arrggh.

My mother was exposed (70 years old) and she had to wait about a week also. If you have symptoms, are of a certain risk group, and work in certain industries, you can get one here same day. But, in general, they're going with the standard for almost everyone.  Just was told that my boss is getting a rapid test (he lives a couple of hours from me) today or Monday, so should have some news at least :)

13 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Really sorry to hear that and praying for a full recovery and protection from it again! You are one of my all time favorites and praying for you my friend!

Thank you my friend! The feeling is certainly mutual!!!

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

My mother was exposed (70 years old) and she had to wait about a week also. If you have symptoms, are of a certain risk group, and work in certain industries, you can get one here same day. But, in general, they're going with the standard for almost everyone.  Just was told that my boss is getting a rapid test (he lives a couple of hours from me) today or Monday, so should have some news at least :)

And if he is clean then you get real peace of mind. Contact tracing is nice when it can be done effectively. Rapid testing is even better. 

Why the hell can't the United States of America get enough rapid tests to cover demand?

46 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Thoughts and prayers mamsa!

I've been dealing with lingering affects of disease and illnesses a little over 13 years.  It sucks!!  Hope you get better and stay better

Definitely appreciate it my friend!  Prayers for you as well!!

3 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Hope everyone is doing well during Covid and staying safe! Prayers to those who are affected or have family or friends who have been.

Also, I’m hoping to hear back today or early next week on a new job (99% confident I have it based on conversations with management after interviews when they called me). Been praying for awhile to help me find a new job. I’ve been in banking for almost 10 years, and my boss for the last 1.8 years has been a nightmare. Rules strictly by fear and nothing is ever good enough. While I’m currently a branch manager, the new job is the same but more responsibility as I will be tasked to grow a brand new branch for a new bank in the area. I’m so excited and nervous, but keep praying I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Boob. Good luck with the job hunt. A good boss makes a world of difference. Lessons learned for you as you move up your banking ladder. 

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

Prayers for your health, friend. I hope you see a full recovery very soon. 

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Boob. Good luck with the job hunt. A good boss makes a world of difference. Lessons learned for you as you move up your banking ladder. 

Prayers for your health, friend. I hope you see a full recovery very soon. 

Thanks Natty- definitely appreciated my friend!

Aaaaaaaaaand one more. Asking for some prayers. My oldest has been feeling like she's going to pass out. She went to my mom n dad’s to use his blood sugar monitor. Glucose was 330. Normal is 80 or below. Her Dr. sent her to ER. Currently showing some concerning irregular heartbeat issues.

8 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Aaaaaaaaaand one more. Asking for some prayers. My oldest has been feeling like she's going to pass out. She went to my mom n dad’s to use his blood sugar monitor. Glucose was 330. Normal is 80 or below. Her Dr. sent her to ER. Currently showing some concerning irregular heartbeat issues.

Oh wow. So sorry to see this. Praying and thinking of your kid to get better right away!

Really sorry and definitely prayers that everything is okay!!!