Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

49 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Definitely going to need some prayers. Going to try and convince the wife to stop her Pyramid scheme she got roped into awhile back. 

She’s a terrible liar so she can’t sell a bad product and she naturally assumes people aren’t lying to her.  So she’s fully invested and makes no money.  But they have her convinced she’s just not trying hard enough. 

This is going to turn into a fight. She’s been doing it for a year or so and she’s been unhappy the entire time.  But they have her brainwashed.  

If I can offer any strategies pm me.

Scratch that prayer request. Got let go today due to the economic down turn. Not really in a position to make suggestions on how she brings in money 

Sending up a different set of thoughts and prayers. Hang in there brother.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Scratch that prayer request. Got let go today due to the economic down turn. Not really in a position to make suggestions on how she brings in money 

BC so sorry to hear that. What type of work do you do and what part of the country.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

That sucks.  Hope things get better for you.  My position at work is being eliminated May 1 so I'm looking for the first time in 5 years.

7 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

That sucks.  Hope things get better for you.  My position at work is being eliminated May 1 so I'm looking for the first time in 5 years.

My wife and I are in pretty good shape. Honestly as long as I get a job we would be fine. We were trying to get her to be able to be a stay at home mom but that might be gone. 

ive been continuously employed for 16 years at various companies so it’s certainly odd. 

Gonna look for the right job. And use this time to finish that novel I’ve been working on. Who knows maybe I can be the next Andy weir. 

I’m in logistics. With a focus on continuous improvement. Although I’ve never held a title reflecting that. And I’m in central Indiana. Brownsburg to be exact 

I also live in Hendricks Co. Do you think the number of warehouses in the area will help you find another spot or was your role more specialized to one company.

I started my career in energy logistics which was great but there are not many energy companies here in the Midwest.

20 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I also live in Hendricks Co. Do you think the number of warehouses in the area will help you find another spot or was your role more specialized to one company.

I started my career in energy logistics which was great but there are not many energy companies here in the Midwest.

Well I think mine would be beneficial and applicable anywhere. But the industry is about to crash hard so might be tough to find anything that isn’t food related. I’m going to be applying for a few of those positions. 

Well great news guys got a verbal offer today. 

And It’s a better job. 

Better Culture 
Better Hours
Better Pay
Closer to home. 

And with severance didn’t even see a dip in overall income brought in. 

Thanks for the prayers

That is awesome. Funny how often I hear of people ending up in a better spot after things like this.

Hey guys, a coworker I am close with, her husband just died from Covid.  Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.  Before anyone asks, 60 with no underlying health problems prior.  I don’t want anyone responding with political bias/nonsense.  It really wouldn’t help.

Hey guys, a coworker I am close with, her husband just died from Covid.  Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.  Before anyone asks, 60 with no underlying health problems prior.  I don’t want anyone responding with political bias/nonsense.  It really wouldn’t help.
I used to umpire with a guy who has it along with his wife. His wife took an extreme turn for the worst yesterday and was admitted to the hospital. Ive known her family all my life. Prayers please.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I used to umpire with a guy who has it along with his wife. His wife took an extreme turn for the worst yesterday and was admitted to the hospital. Ive known her family all my life. Prayers please.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My condolences to both of these families, and to both of you.

Stay safe .. this sucks.