Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

My family has lived in our house (rented) for 6 years, were planning to stay 6 more (my wife is in seminary, unsure whether or not we'll be on the "relocation circuit"). Landlord just told us that his daughter has decided to move back to town, and she'll be moving into our house. We have less than a month to find a house to rent. A home has potentially come available, but it's a big series of things that have happen. I would appreciate any prayers to this situation, should find out something Monday. Thanks all!

Praying

Well, it's a really bizarre thing. We drove around and called realtors to see if anyone would rent. One of the houses is literally the next one over- kids would ride same bus, walk to current neighborhood. A realtor listened to our story- turns out she is trying to sell that house to someone who wants to buy it for a rental! She is meeting with prospective buyer tonight. Honestly, the waiting is killing me. You all have no idea how much we appreciate the prayers. This house is perfect!

[quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="234496" timestamp="1453270244"]So on 1/7/16, we were informed they were shutting down a huge portion of the plant where I work. They are predicting around 600 jobs, but we are hoping for less. There was no indication that this was going to happen and caught everyone off guard. I would appreciate your prayers for me as well as my coworkers.

Well, it official, I'll be losing my job. It could be as early as 4/7, but with training it could be later. The good news is I do have call back rights, but there are over 90 in front of me. I'm just happy that I have Christ in my life, because I know he has a plan for me. I would appreciate your prayers for me and everyone else affected. Thanks in advance, Geometry.

[quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="255158" timestamp="1457575727"][quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="234496" timestamp="1453270244"]So on 1/7/16, we were informed they were shutting down a huge portion of the plant where I work. They are predicting around 600 jobs, but we are hoping for less. There was no indication that this was going to happen and caught everyone off guard. I would appreciate your prayers for me as well as my coworkers.

Well, it official, I'll be losing my job. It could be as early as 4/7, but with training it could be later. The good news is I do have call back rights, but there are over 90 in front of me. I'm just happy that I have Christ in my life, because I know he has a plan for me. I would appreciate your prayers for me and everyone else affected. Thanks in advance, Geometry.[/quote]

Many prayers for you and all affected!

Well, it official, I'll be losing my job. It could be as early as 4/7, but with training it could be later. The good news is I do have call back rights, but there are over 90 in front of me. I'm just happy that I have Christ in my life, because I know he has a plan for me. I would appreciate your prayers for me and everyone else affected. Thanks in advance, Geometry.

Praying Geometry!

[quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="255158" timestamp="1457575727"][quote name="Geometry Hoosier" post="234496" timestamp="1453270244"]So on 1/7/16, we were informed they were shutting down a huge portion of the plant where I work. They are predicting around 600 jobs, but we are hoping for less. There was no indication that this was going to happen and caught everyone off guard. I would appreciate your prayers for me as well as my coworkers.

Well, it official, I'll be losing my job. It could be as early as 4/7, but with training it could be later. The good news is I do have call back rights, but there are over 90 in front of me. I'm just happy that I have Christ in my life, because I know he has a plan for me. I would appreciate your prayers for me and everyone else affected. Thanks in advance, Geometry.[/quote]

What do you do or what would you be looking for? Maybe we need to have a job board on here.

ame="Geometry Hoosier" post="255158" timestamp="1457575727"]

What do you do or what would you be looking for? Maybe we need to have a job board on here.

I currently work at a large aluminum company as a fork truck operator. I've been here for a shade over 8 years. The last two seasons I've been an assistant baseball coach at my former high school. I truly love that. Before that I worked 9 years as a union laborer and checked grade on many jobs. The last three of those years I laid out jobs with a GPS. The best job I ever had was playing baseball in an Independent league, but it's hard to make a living off of $850 a month.
Hind sights always 20/20, but my problem is/was I went to college to play baseball and didn't worry about the education.

Asking for prayers for my best friend's dad who just passed away from cancer this morning. My friend (fellow IU grad) was excited about having the chance to go cheer for IU in Philly tonight ; had purchased flight and game tickets already.

Edit: His dad was a huge Notre Dame fan and was happy his son was going to be able to see both IU and ND play. My friend will still try to make it to the game, that's what his dad would have liked.