Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SF Braxton Blackwell to Alabama

Alrighty then.. ‏@HoosiersLive: Sources tell us that 2016 5 star Nashville wing, Braxton Blackwell has Tennessee #1 on his list, was thought to be a strong #iubb lean.

Ok, who aren't we paying? Tennessee? I'm not even upset with the coaching staff if this kid is picking Tennessee. Hey kid, wanna come to a school that cares about basketball? Nah, fans are overrated. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.‏@HoosiersLive: Sources tell us that 2016 5 star Nashville wing, Braxton Blackwell has Tennessee #1 on his list, was thought to be a strong #iubb lean.                                                                                                                                                  

Ok, who aren't we paying? Tennessee? I'm not even upset with the coaching staff if this kid is picking Tennessee. Hey kid, wanna come to a school that cares about basketball? Nah, fans are overrated.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

See my point Jurkin. Until we land another 4 star type player I will remain very critical of our recruiting shortcomings. Everyone thinks it's as simple as blaming the missed NCAAs. I completely disagree. It has to be more. Is it Crean's supposed hot seat? Even that shouldn't really stop top talent. He is getting them to the LEAGUE regardless of win/loss.

So until we right the ship...........

Ps- we clearly try to avoid dirty handler situations, I think. Swanigan as main example but there are others. I am intrigued on that note about Maker. You would think the wolves would be out to make offers to him.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="75293" timestamp="1406294992"]See my point Jurkin. Until we land another 4 star type player I will remain very critical of our recruiting shortcomings. Everyone thinks it's as simple as blaming the missed NCAAs. I completely disagree. It has to be more. Is it Crean's supposed hot seat? Even that shouldn't really stop top talent. He is getting them to the LEAGUE regardless of win/loss.

So until we right the ship...........

Ps- we clearly try to avoid dirty handler situations, I think. Swanigan as main example but there are others. I am intrigued on that note about Maker. You would think the wolves would be out to make offers to him.[/quote] I mentioned things like the buyout rumors earlier, but I was trying to point out that TN being his #1 isn't an indictment of our program alone. He's turning down plenty of other top programs which I don't understand.

[quote name="Parakeet Jones" post="75308" timestamp="1406297785"]He's from Nashville. Maybe he wants to stay closer to home. He wouldn't be the first kid or the last kid to want that. I don't care who you are, pulling a kid away from home who wants to be close to home is tough. If that is what he wants, good for him. I'd rather he make that decision to begin with rather than getting homesick and transferring home around Christmas of his freshman year. [/quote]

Agreed. I can respect that a lot more than a kid committing then deciding this isn't for me after a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just by glancing over his offers, is there something out there about this kid wanting to stay near home? Almost all of his offers are from southern schools.

He's from Nashville.  Maybe he wants to stay closer to home.  He wouldn't be the first kid or the last kid to want that.  I don't care who you are, pulling a kid away from home who wants to be close to home is tough.  If that is what he wants, good for him. I'd rather he make that decision to begin with rather than getting homesick and transferring home around Christmas of his freshman year.  

A couple things here. I'm not totally sure Blackwell has a draw to home but rather connections to a few schools close to home. The interest in younger prospects is always going to start in a close proximity.

As for the connections, Blackwell's good friends and teammates with a prospect, Braxton Bonds. Bonds is a 2014 PG who committed to Liberty but, recently, decided to walk-on to Tennessee. Things changed after that. As for Vanderbilt being up there, his coach Drew Maddux played  for Vanderbilt. Blackwell also has some family connections to UNC. 

I think the Tennessee talk has some legs here.

A couple things here. I'm not totally sure Blackwell has a draw to home but rather connections to a few schools close to home. The interest in younger prospects is always going to start in a close proximity.

As for the connections, Blackwell's good friends and teammates with a prospect, Braxton Bonds. Bonds is a 2014 PG who committed to Liberty but, recently, decided to walk-on to Tennessee. Things changed after that. As for Vanderbilt being up there, his coach Drew Maddux played  for Vanderbilt. Blackwell also has some family connections to UNC. 

I think the Tennessee talk has some legs here.

Drew Maddux‏@DrewMaddux·19m
Former CPA PG & 2-time state champion Braxton Bonds (Nashville,TN) made it official today & accepted walk-on spot from Coach Tyndall an UT.

2016 Braxton Blackwell's current list in alphabetical order:

Alabama,Auburn, Cal,Cincy, DePaul, ECU, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, LSU, Memphis, Miss St. Mizzou,NCState,OhioSt, Oklahoma St, Ole Miss, Providence, Tennessee,Vanderbilt, Virginia,Va.Tech,WakeForest.

Alabama,Auburn, Cal,Cincy, DePaul, ECU, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, LSU, Memphis, Miss St. Mizzou,NCState,OhioSt, Oklahoma St, Ole Miss, Providence, Tennessee,Vanderbilt, Virginia,Va.Tech,WakeForest.

That list is approximately 7% of all Division 1 men's basketball teams.

No UK, UL, or MSU. I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app